Monday, April 4, 2016

5 goals and a lot of jokes

4-4-16

As much as I am trying to put on a brave face, I really do not like my new hours.

I know, it hasn’t even been a full day yet, but I am sitting here at 1 pm, very aware that I would be packing up my stuff to head home. Instead, I am stuck in this hell hole for another 90 minutes. I have opted to try and pass the time by catching up on bloggy goodness.

My weekend turned out to be pretty dang good. It wasn’t nearly as jam packed with crazy, and I know for a fact that I didn’t get everything done, but I was pleased to have some fun times overall, which was needed.

Saturday morning I ended up getting up when Ken left for the AYSO Expo. I know, what a dummy I am being that I had nowhere I needed to be and he left at 6. But I got up to pee and then I wanted to make sure my phone was in the bedroom, which meant I had to get it out of the kitchen. I then found myself dinking around on said phone and next thing I knew it, it was 7 and I hadn’t gone back to sleep.

I should have probably worked on housework or laundry, or hell, even some kind of project. Instead, I mostly sat around. I did manage to get the boys packed up for their outing, and really, I knew that this week my house would be cleaned by my roommates as all three of them get this week off for Spring Break. It meant that instead of worrying, I was able to, wait for it, relax!
The boys and I headed to Gramma’s around noon. The dance party she had planned was filled with I am pretty sure at least 4 kinds of Oreos along with other snacks. Music was going when we arrived and there was in fact some dancing, albeit mostly by Gramma and some myself.

The boys did request some water balloons. It was warmer out than I had expected, so it seemed a reasonable thing to bust out. They ended up playing some version of hot potato with Poppy and Uncle Matt which resulted in Poppy catching the balloon multiple times with it popping all over him. Bobby laughed so hard he actually fell over. That was fantastic!

I didn’t stay super long as I needed to still fuel up the car and get ready to go to the April Foolishness show. Ken got home around 6 and the nice thing about the tickets we got was that we had premium parking included. We went into the VIP party in the beginning. I kind of wished I hadn’t eaten not long before as they had complimentary snacks that included philly cheesesteaks and mini corn dogs. There were a fair amount of people there. We opted to take our picture with Kevin and Bean when we got there as we did have to wait in line. It was nice seeing them in person again. We also got to see many of the other morning show people, including Alley McKay, who was just as delightful as I had hoped. We even go to meet Dr. Drew! Dude!



We were let into the actual venue at 7:30. Turned out not only did we get the parking and the party, but we ended up with front row, center seats! Bob Saget actually spoke to Ken since we were so close. I made eye contact with every comedian, and I know they saw me. It was pretty amazing, really.

The people around us, however, certainly pointed out how stupid some folks are. The people behind us were incredibly wasted, and two of them (husband and wife) were in some epic fight. They talked over one of the acts (luckily, the worst one of the night) and they left several times. I was fortunate the people to the right of me were very pleasant with no issues. There was one guy down the way, though, who was smashed. He even got called up on stage by Bob Saget and was ridiculed, which was funny as hell. It was done “nicely” I suppose, but really, when we left we were concerned about him and his lady friend as both were in no condition to drive.

The whole show was great. I think Fluffy did the best job, getting what I think was the only standing ovation. I am so glad we have been fortunate enough to get tickets each year.

We got home around midnight, which sucked only because we had an early morning ahead of us. A great morning, though.

Dax’s triumphant return to the soccer field! YAY! It was a double header day, which really, if you are gonna be out for 6 weeks, this is the way to return. Their first game was played well. The passing was so much better than previous weeks and you could really see them all clicking. We were up 1 to zero and then Dax put one in the goal. It made me happy since it didn’t matter then if we won or lost since I knew the goal would make him happy. But the kid wasn’t done. He managed a hat trick and we won 4 to 3.

Our second game was harder. It was a tougher team,  and with us having played already (and much of the team kept on playing in between games, too) you could see we were tired. We lost 4 to 2, but Dax did score the 2, including one of them from the half line.

He was clearly exhausted. His stamina isn’t quite what it used to be. That being said, he still did amazing. His ball skills are still there, even with him favoring his arm a bit. He will need to work on his speed again, but all of that will come back in no time based on how active he is.

What did almost make me throw up was watching him get kicked in the forehead.

Yeah, as predicted, someone got kicked in the head because of the no heading rule. Both Dax and this other boy would have totally headed the ball, but because of this ridiculous rule, the other boy kicked high to get the ball and managed to hit him in the forehead. It wasn’t horrid, and Dax was fine, but it was his first injury of the day (yeah, kid went down like 3 other times, once right in front of me. It is good I had not eaten much or else vomit was a real possibility) and it was terrifying. Luckily he was ok, and didn’t even stay down too long. I am shocked I wasn’t on the field when it happened simply because I wanted to run to him. I didn’t, though, which I suppose is good, but in some ways I almost wish I had.

The afternoon was lazy. I took the car to get it washed, which apparently all of Torrance decided to do, too. I ended up doing the express wash, not wanting to wait for an hour by myself. I was upset that the vacuums didn’t work, so I still would like to do that before tomorrow evening, but I don’t see it happening. At least the crud on the car is gone.

I did my workout this morning, as planned. I got up at 4:30, which is when I got out of bed. I had nightmares much of the early morning that I was late to work. I guess old wake habits die hard. Either way, I managed to make the Wii work with only one restart. I did a little bit of yoga to stretch. Then I did the basic step routine. I had forgotten all of the fancy crap in it. I then found the super basic step and did 900 steps. It may not seem like much, but it was 10 minutes of aerobic exercise that raised my heart rate. I also ended up doing more yoga after along with the body test. I now was able to put in my goals and now I will work towards it.

I was thinking I would need to tweak my mornings still because I left the house at like 5:15 when I planned to leave at 5:30. However, I think I will leave at 5:15ish each morning. People (as predicted) are in the building at 5. It means I can come in, make my breakfast and then dink around online if need be before I can clock in. Ultimately, I may end up getting some OT. I will not be able to leave earlier than 2:30 at first. Instead, I will feel out my options and go from there.

This afternoon looks to be another lazy one. I plan on messing around with the Wii a bit more, just to get the hang of some things. I am betting, also, that Ken and the boys picked up Star Wars today so we will be able to watch that. Of course, that may not be the case, but either way, I don’t see big plans for the day.

Tomorrow evening I go to dinner with Alyssa and Sarah. I took Wednesday off to go to the zoo with the family. I determined there is in fact a sloth there, which pleased Bobby greatly. I am wondering how much of a bribe it would be to let him hold it. Do zoo employees make a lot of money?

I have managed to waste 30 minutes, which just isn’t enough. I finished my reports (unless I forgot any, but I would venture a guess it isn’t a critical one if I did). I considered starting one of the books I found, but I think instead I will go through some accounts. I calculated my quarterly and annual goals this morning and determined I met all 7. It means I get like $500 for the quarter goal and something like $1500 for the annual. Not too shabby!

Perhaps if I see results quickly in terms of working out I will feel better about this last 90 minutes. Ha!

No comments: