Wednesday, December 5, 2012

So much pizza


12-5-12
There might be nothing better than a good book.


I am nearing the end of the book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. My mom had loaned it to me some time ago, along with another book by the same author. I had not gotten around to reading it until a couple days ago when I noted that it was on the list of top books for the year. I can see why it was included on said list. It is quite good and I am enjoying it immensely. Sadly, when I get involved in a book I tend to do nothing else but try to read it. This makes for a frustrating work day when I am trying to sneak time to read and people keep coming to my desk.


Truly, I am writing this journal entry out of habit since I really just want to be reading my book while no one else is in the office.

It was a better homework day yesterday. Ken had the boys ride their bikes home on their own as he stayed at the school to speak to the GATE teacher. We got everything done with no tears or much yelling. My hopes for tonight are that Bobby does even more than last night since I would really like him to complete multiple book reports this week. I also want him to be able to go out and play with his friends. They seem to show up like clockwork and it is quite distracting. I am tempted to set visiting hours, but wouldn't that make me evil?


It looks as though I will be doing a bunch of checks tonight for soccer, which means a visit from the RC. Not a big deal, especially if I can get him to bring any extra check requests over tonight so that I don’t have as many to do tomorrow night. The meeting is long enough without having to stay after to get signatures.
I need to go to Party City and Dollar Tree in the next day or so. I need to find plastic sharks so that I can put them on a bunch of cupcakes. I suppose this also means I need to go get cupcakes. These are for Saturday. We are having the team party. It will be fun since we are also going to play parents vs. kids again. It will be awesome, and I know the kids love it. I am also pretty sure the parents do. I am supposed to bring a main dish, as per my offer. I now have to determine what to bring. The good news is it looks as though I am getting $100 from the region for this party. I do want to get something nice for the parent who was our new ref, though. He busted his ass for us!


I think tonight I will make the boys go on a walk with me. They need to get some more exercise (I know they run like crazy during the hour they play with their friends, but I would like some more for them) and I do, too. Plus, I figure if I make it one of those outings in which we might see Christmas lights, it will be good incentive.

Ken added the Lego advent pieces into the advent calendar we already had set up. The boys didn’t know this and when I opened the drawer for last night, I acted confused when there were two bags of Lego pieces in there. Dax uttered a hushed whisper of, “Oooh, Santa came early!” It was perfect! It will make for fun evenings around the piano this season.


Dax apparently volunteered us to bring pizza to his classroom party next week. Neat. I am not sure how we will pull this off, what with us needing to be at the school at like 10:30 to get seats for Bobby’s performance. I guess we can go get pizza, have it in the car and then go get it when we go to Dax’s room after? We have to have the pizza in his room at 12:12 (the party is on 12/12/12 and of course starts at 12:12), and the singing starts at 11, so we may even have time to just go pick up pizza after the singing. Dominoes is just down the street. Hmm…


No comments: