Friday, August 14, 2009

Anybody want a kitten?

8-14-09

It doesn’t seem like a good sign to head out to work and as you have made it barely 2 blocks, you notice to your left several police cars. The cops are all out of the car, each one of them with their guns drawn, pointing intently at something you can’t see. Thank goodness the light turned green since I am pretty sure I didn’t want to be part of that morning.

But I am feeling pretty groovy this morning. I hit up the Sketchers sale yesterday and managed to get not one, but two pair of toe thong sandals, both of which seem to be quite comfortable and shockingly cute at the same time. I saw several I liked, but only found two in my size. The first pair I was becoming heartbroken as I was unable to find my size in black. They had plenty in “chocolate” but let’s face it, do I EVER wear brown? Not so much. A security guard (oh, yes, as a strange shopping experience in general, this Sketchers has like 3 guards. It is in almost total lock down. It isn’t in a bad part of town, it just seems to expect the worst) approached me and asked me if I needed help. Clearly he could see I was distraught by the lack of 10 black. I explained this to him, and he was sweet enough to gesture to a sales rep at the front to come over. While the sales rep was preparing to come over, the guard took the time to look through the shoes and sure enough, find my size. I told him he was the best and he says, “anything for a pretty lady”. I asked him if he gets commission cause he deserves it now! Very sweet man.

I found another pair because both were only $20, and the sale was but one, get one half off. YAY! So two pair for $30, which is right up my alley. I hate spending more than $20 on anything, let alone shoes. I did note these other flip flops on the way out that were marked at $5, but I opted to pass for now. I will for sure go back since it had a few decent sales and all the shoes were super comfy.

Last night, Bobby and I went and picked out some cupcakes for tonight. Bobby thought that Dax would like the ones that had the Incredible Hulk (we didn’t really splurge, only hitting up Ralph’s since we had other groceries that needed buying) plus, it had some princess cupcakes in the mix that Sabrina will hopefully like, too. It was an eclectic cupcake mix.

I am unsure if Bobby is staying the night or not at my folk’s. We are still going over there to do cupcakes. Bobby has said he wants to stay all day at Grandma’s, but he also doesn’t want me to leave him, so at this point, I am packing his bag with the assumption he is staying, and let him decide on if this is what he wants to do.

I wonder if changing gum packaging really increases sales.

I seriously would give anything to go back in time to just wander Woodstock. I would love to just kind of fly over like some kind of ghost, not having interactions with anyone, just observing the mood and the feel of the whole thing. Seriously, I don’t know if it would be my finest decision, but living in the 60’s would have been so interesting.

I need a drink. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a dingbat.

She was so insistent that the customer was not at fault on this whole mess. Yes, she, the warranty dept and much of inside sales messed up big time on his account, but bottom line, if the customer wants me to do his books for him, he needs to be paying me a check. Especially if he is going to not ever contact me on any of it!!

So as if my morning wasn’t hectic enough, I get a call that there is a litter of 7 kittens in the warehouse that almost got smushed by a forklift. They are about 3 weeks old, dirty, and feisty. Awesome! I got them to my desk and word of the kittens spread. I had all the cat folk coming to my desk, questioning what the plan was for them, and quite honestly, bringing way to much negative “you don’t know what you are doing” type of attitude. Fuck them all. Seriously. I was feeling defeated and sad, especially when some miscommunication with Ken made me think even he felt like I got in over my head. But luckily, I feel rejuvenated and good and am anxious to hopefully catch Mama (Ken is in route with the traps) and get homes for everyone. I will have tales undoubtedly come Tuesday of the weekend spent with the kittens. Until then, I am signing off since my lunch time has finally come!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

If you find homes for them, remember that I have kitties that need homes too :)