Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I want a soda

8-19-09

It is yet another no boss day. He is taking vacation, which I think is code for, I need to go home and figure out who in this department needs to be let go. Sources now tell me that the layoff here will take place next week. Not sure which day as it sounds like it will be over the course of the week. It means I don’t have to worry about packing up this week, but I do need to be aware of my inventory for next week. Clearly I was feeling cocky if I brought in my new radio. On the plus side, by all accounts, this wave of layoffs is it for the rest of the year. Of course, things change.

One of our cats is angry with us. I am guessing Monarch as what took place is so his style. While we were gone in Colorado, someone peed in my box of ding dongs. Then yesterday, someone peed on my counter. Both were times in which Monarch in particular was angry at my actions, the first being I was gone for a chunk of time, and the second being I have been playing with kittens smaller than his head. He is a very possessive kitty. Mind you, Ittles might have done it too, but although she has been know to crap outside the box when it isn’t clean enough for her standards, she tends to keep her statements in check. Monarch, when we first had him, managed to pee on several Dax related items, and it all seemed out of jealousy of my time spent with the baby. Never you mind that Monarch came AFTER the baby. His feeling is, he is number one. This morning, he practically showered with me because he was so desperate for attention. Tonight I may need to just sit and pet him on my lap for a while.

The kittens are well. They ran around in the pen last night at a million miles an hour, which is great fun to watch. They were so healthy looking, and happy, and it warms my heart to know they will make excellent kitties for someone. I think today we will go down to the pet shop to make arrangements to have them displayed in their store. We will let them be there for 2 weeks, and then we will take them to Pedro, where we will monitor their progress. This afternoon, we also need to call Andy to see who he is taking. Especially critical since we may have dubbed the wrong one Hogarth! It may actually be Happy, whom I am particularly fond of. I am ok with this, as she would be an excellent addition to their household.

We ended up going to Denny’s with my folks last night for Dax’s birthday. Bobby opted to not eat, but he was out of sorts from the start. My parents had bought booster seats so that the boys could ride in their car if they wanted to. Bobby, who is suffering from a bout of abandonment issues (and a severe case of Mommy-Centric) freaked out despite having been excited about going with Grandma to Denny’s (where we would meet them). He ended up going with us after all. When we were there, before the meal even came, he started sobbing saying he didn’t feel well. I rushed him to the bathroom where he peed for gallons of urine. I am concerned that he doesn’t go pee more. Sure, some of it is he is just too busy, but when he doesn’t pee, he feels sick since he has let it go too long.

On the way back to my parent’s house, I told Bobby I would ride with him in Grandma’s car, hoping this would help ease his anxiety. He was a little nervous getting in, and then I pulled a Gena. I went to step in the van and slipped a bit and managed to bang my toe, and then scraped off a chunk of skin off of said toe. It wasn’t like I could scream out since Bobby was already freaking out. So I had to suck it up and not yell, curse, or even cry. It had that super white look for a moment before it decided to bleed. It wasn’t pouring out blood, so this was good. But it did hurt like hell. Only me, right?

Of course, my efforts to cheer my oldest son resulted in my youngest being all out of sorts the 4 mile drive back to my parent’s house. He was sure I had left him, also. I know, he was with Ken and Matt, but apparently they are not enough these days. He also is suffering from Mommy-Centric and just doesn’t know how to handle my absence. They both caught this when I was with them for a week and change when we were on vacation. They saw me every morning for 9 days. Then I was there for 3 days in a row, and they were sure that at any point they needed me, I was there. Ken says every morning they ask for me. I am flattered, I really am, but it is tough to have them both hanging on to my arm at the same time. Monday, I walked them across with Ken. Normally in that situation, one of them would hold my hand, and the other would hold Ken’s. Since Dax has to be carried, he asked me to do it, so I assumed Bobby would walk with Ken. Nope. He wanted to only hold my hand. So poor Ken just walked across with Dax’s backpack, while I walked with both kids. I know this will pass, as it has in the past, and I will be bitter when it turns into a case of Daddy-Centric, but I can safely say it is not easy being the center of attention.

Dax got some fun presents. Matt got him a remote control train, which Bobby actually played with since Dax was distracted the Bumblebee guy my folks go him. They also got him some playmobile (which he has not touched yet, but was jazzed about, so I will have to bust it out maybe at bowling) and we got him the talking Bolt (he was thankfully quite please with him, even though he already has the soft one. He had them both in bed, so this is good). He is still obsessed with the train set Sabrina and Stephanie got him, and requesting to watch the Thomas DVD daily, so this is cool. Bobby was clearly a little unsure of how to deal with Dax getting all the attention, especially so close to him getting so much attention with his leg. I think that this weekend, maybe on a Target run, I will take just Bobby with me so he can get some quality one on one time. Or maybe I can have Ken keep him tomorrow or something and take him to McDonald’s since Dax can’t really go.

As if my toe injury isn’t enough, I also seem to have bruised myself without even realizing it! I took off my bra yesterday and my boob screamed at me. I started feeling around to see if I could find the source of the pain, thinking perhaps I had some kind of injury. There is a bruise on the underside of my left breast that I have no idea where it came from. It isn’t like it is unbearable, but what the hell?? How do I manage to do that?

I am losing interest on the FarmTown game. Really, I am losing interest on most of the games at this point. Too much upkeep with little payout. I do like the chatting aspect of the game, but the last couple nights I really have not even been on at night since I have been so tired. I started FarmVille, too, because clearly the answer to feeling overwhelmed with the games I am playing is to add yet another responsibility. I may have to drop some of them in order to not feel like the only thing I do on FaceBook is these crazy games.

I am sleepy, and having a hard time keeping focused. I have considered bailing early today (what and miss a no boss day??) so I can go and clean house or maybe even nap, but I think that for now I will just struggle a bit. And let me tell you, it is quite the struggle!

Oh no!! So the kitten known as Happy, and now really should be Hogarth, is truly the pick of the litter. I want her, Andy wants her, and of course, my coworker’s daughter now wants her. I have 6 other kitties that would like homes, and who are all sweeties, too. I would rather Andy take her, so I have already told my co-worker she is taken. But I am trying to convince her to think about Doc. Similar cuteness, so perhaps that will work out. I am willing to bring the kittens to work one day so people can see then and fall in love.

My Wiki readings for the day have concentrated on early 30’s Hollywood. Strange, really, but it started with looking up info on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Man, what I wouldn’t give to be able to do my time travel wishes and go back to watch the party where Roscoe Arbuckle was when that woman died. Or just to see how they all interacted with one another. So freaking cool.

No comments: