Friday, November 21, 2014

fired up and growly

11-21-14

It’s official. My boss is the dumbest man on the planet.

My venting to some coworkers this morning helped calm me down significantly, but ultimately, I am still super angry with him. His idiocy has truly been taxing on me. I know, I am awesome, and I am not just saying that to toot my own horn. I kick ass at my job and have great stats and wonderful relationships with my customers. Yet this man is awful in so many ways, and not just with me. I wonder if he would be easier to deal with if this was an office in the 60’s where I could pour myself a drink.

I called out yesterday. My headache from this sinus issue was too much to deal with. I also needed to de-stress since this trip tomorrow has me a little on edge. It is only because we have soccer and then we go to the airport. I know it will be fine, but I feel pressed for time, which I hate. That being said, I am almost completely ready to go. I packed a week ago. I cleaned the house. Everything is in order except for a couple things I will get done tonight. I just need to calm down.

Shockingly, I don’t have a book lined up for my weekend. I know I won’t have much time to read, but I figured I should have something to do on the plane. Of course, I have video games and I could just use the time to nap. Oh wait, a thought just occurred to me. I still am reading NPH’s book. I am good! Yay!

I am quite sad that I am not seeing Mockingjay this evening. I know seeing it next week with Jerry and Nicole will be a lot of fun, so at least that will be cool, but I really am anxious to see this flick.
I have started catching up on some movie watching this week. I have watched Nebraska, Saved and Silver Lining Playbook. All were quite good. I have decided to watch at least one movie a week since I hate being so far behind on flicks. I may even need to start frequenting the Redbox. Plus, it forces me to sit for a couple hours, which truly I don’t do enough of.

We have a fire drill here today. I should be annoyed in some ways since it is happening at my lunch time. But in reality, I am thrilled. I feel that my company doesn’t take too many of these kind of things serious enough. I was a little concerned that the area they are evacuating us was a foolish place since it is all locked in. I asked the guy in charge and he had compelling arguments that changed my mind. He also didn’t mind that I was asking questions, which I liked.


Due to the morning rant session, I am all kinds of fired up today. Thankfully the morning has been moving at a semi-brisk pace. Now to just survive the remaining 4 and a half hours. 

No comments: