Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Birthday crazies

11-25-14

I have been slacking on this whole blogging thing. I will try to be better.

It was a whirlwind trip that in some ways felt like 1 week  but in reality was only 2 days. I am exhausted from all of it. Thank goodness I just have to make it through today and tomorrow and then I get 4 days to recover.

I would normally be working on month end reports today but part of our annual goals had me training someone else to be able to back me up. So he is doing them today. He says he is doing this one report last and said I could do it for distribution so it goes out faster. Yeah, not gonna happen. I like them to see that anyone else doing my reports will be slow as molasses and frankly, I am tired of the bullshit around here. No reports are gonna happen on my computer today.

Saturday’s game was filled with excitement. The boys won, but barely! They scored in the last minute or so of the game, making the total 1-0. Woo hoo! It was hard fought and it was exciting. 
Now we have playoffs to look forward to. I know we play on the 6th at 1 and depending on how we do, we will play on Sunday and I think if we win that we could go on to the next weekend. It could be a lot of soccer, but it will be fun!

We left the field on Saturday and headed to the airport. We had no issues with security. We didn’t even have to take off our shoes! It meant we were there pretty early, but I am ok with that. I would rather be early than late.


The flight was very turbulent. Dax, who was sitting with me, loved this. I am lucky I didn’t hurl. I do not care for that one bit. Thankfully it was a short flight.

We were picked up at the airport where there was a surprised Ma and Papa Brenan. It was pretty cool, actually. We then went to dinner at this pizza place. I am so glad I ordered the pasta because the pizza was gross. The boys hated it, too. Plus, they were slow there and it was noisy. Eh, it was ok over all, though, since I know everyone enjoyed visiting. I didn’t get to do as much. I spent much of the evening in charge of keeping the boys from imploding from boredom. The food took long enough and after having been sitting at an airport and then on a plane, they were very restless. This meant I was not as able to visit with grownups. On the plus side, the boys and I came up with a new way to “scold” them in a situation like this. I could say to them, “sidebar” which meant to come over to me at the table and I could tell them something without causing a scene. Very handy!




We got up to the house and did cake and some visiting. Dax was tired, so I got them both set up for sleep. Normally they would have not liked being downstairs alone, but both were so sleepy I am guessing they had no time to consider pitching a fit. Sleep consumed them quickly.

Sadly, Dax did have issues with sleep. He was grumbling and grouching in his bed all night, which meant sleep did not come for me. I kept having to sort of wake him up to find out what was up.
Sunday morning we had a photographer come in the morning for some nice pics of everyone. Last time we did that, Dax was still Fetus Dax, so he was quite thrilled to be in the picture. The photographer complimented us so many times on how well behaved the boys were, so I was pleased.






We did piƱatas which was a lot of fun. Lots of laughing and the boys enjoyed being really the only ones beating the containers up.



Holly, Evie and Irving had to go to the airport around 11. Not long after that, the rest of us headed into town to check out JJ Jacksons. I love that store so very much and I picked up a couple of Christmas presents.


There is a stone and gem store there that I have always wanted to check out and since Bobby is quite obsessed with these sort of things, I knew he would be thrilled. He was so very much so! He got to pick out a couple of stones, which gives me ideas for Christmas in the form of his own shelf to show these off. Yay!


We also spent some time looking for potential Christmas trees. I didn’t really want to do anything Christmas related due to my rules. That being said, it was really fun stomping through the forest so it was all ok.

We got to the airport in perfect timing since we had like no wait. I was pleased. The flight was uneventful and it was nice getting home. I found it funny that the shuttle trip to our car seemed longer than the flight itself.

Yesterday, Ken and I did nothing. Stephanie and Eddy came by for a bit, but mostly we were in jammies, watching Avatar. It was nice!

I took Bobby to his orthodontist appointment after school. I took Ken up to the school for the pickup and he and Dax stayed there to go to the Miss Sharon retirement party. Bobby and I had way too much fun at Dr. Trotters. It was the first time he was in the regular chairs. There are like 8 stations and they all face the wall, which has a mural. It is of the beach and there is a plane carrying a banner that says Dr. Trotter. Bobby says aloud that this was unrealistic. Dr. Trotter happened to be behind him and jokingly says that this seems like the least unrealistic thing. Bobby laughs and they banter a bit which results in Bobby announcing, “I stand corrected”. I really hope all the pride beaming out of me didn’t offend anyone.



Both boys thankfully had minimal homework. I made dinner, had some Space Queen and just chilled for a while. I still feel tired from all the travel, but I know I will be home before I know it. Hell, it’s 8 am which means I am already half way done with my day!

I think we have practice tonight, so I am considering walking the dogs at the park tonight. Even if we only make it around twice, I know it will be good.


Sigh, now to make it through the rest of the day. 

No comments: