Monday, June 7, 2010

Did you miss me?

6-7-10

Hello!!

Ok, I know I have a whole lot of blogging to do, but I am a wee bit swamped at work this morning to be able to pound out the full recap of my Ohio adventures. I am hoping to work on that tomorrow. I should have written each day, but I was just so tired at night it was easier to just dink around.

A quickie recap-the trip was quite good. I loved the old cemeteries, and there was some family that we met that was awesome. There were the uber distant ones with no teeth that although were funny, were not exactly folks I would keep in touch with. LOL!

Actually, people in general made this trip amazing. As a California native (ok, technically, not, but shoot, I have been here since I was 6 months old, I am running with it) I am accustomed to people being, well, less than friendly. It isn’t that they are not nice, but let’s face it, if someone knocked on your door and told you that they think that you and them was related with like 3 or 4 removed and whatnots in the description, I am pretty sure you would quickly be dialing 911 on the cell. In Ohio, not so much. These folks invite you in, offer you something to drink and let you take pics of not only the outside of their house, but inside as well! They embrace people and it was very refreshing.

The other wonderful thing was bonding with my sib in laws. Andy rules, as I have always said, but it was really nice to see Holly for that amount of time. We were roommates and I felt like I got to know her better and vice versa. I love that I have these people in my life and they truly made me feel so comfortable despite my tendency to shut down in new situations.

So many tales and stories. Hell, I uploaded like 800 pics, and those are just from my camera! I used Andy’s for a while when my battery died, so you know there was way more!

My flight on Thursday night was delayed by an hour. I was in Vegas at the time, and it felt like such a rip off being I was so close to being home. LOL! Plus, I had no time to maybe go out into the city and see Angela or just walk around. The flight was delayed in the idea that we were waiting on a plane, so if it got there earlier, we would get on, so I couldn’t wander off. Luckily, the time didn’t drag too much.

It was great to be greeted at baggage by two little boys and Ken holding signs that said “MOM”. Awesomeness all around.

Friday was regrouping. I kept Dax while Bobby went to work with Ken. Dax and I went to the mall and a couple other places. He was kind enough to watch Toy Story while I napped. I was beat.

We went to the Build A Bear to stuff the monkey and tiger we got for the boys. They were thrilled and all kinds of happy. I was happy, too, since with all my coupons and gift cards, the two critters, a shirt each, back pack for each child and matching backpacks for the critters cost me all of $21. Not bad.

The weekend was good. We got a pool and got it all set up Saturday. Sunday we went to the zoo for a while before we realized how fucking hot it was and then came home for more pool time. Ken built a mini deck for the pool and I lounged in a chair Ken had got for me. I fell asleep. It was that comfy. Comfy does not mean good, though. I have been lobsterized because of my carelessness. Oh well. Perhaps it will turn into a nice tan for the start of summer.

I am sleepy today. I woke up this morning at 2 to the earthquake that was off the coast of Hermosa. Plus, my sunburn kept me up a bit. Luckily, the day has been super pleasant. It has been nice to see folks and chit chat a bit. I have been getting caught up on emails and voice mails. I have more to do, but I do have a couple more hours to be here.

I have also managed to irritate my ankle. So this means I will need to go to the doc.

OH!! And totally excellent news. It sounds as though Dax got in to the Pre-K program at the school. WOO HOO!!! Ken takes him tomorrow for a meeting in the morning. The lady told Ken that they don’t tend to call unless he is in, so this is good. Hopefully we can work out the schedule. I am hoping for afternoon only because then they can be picked at the same time. Then again, if Ken picked him up at noon and took him to his afternoon classes, it may work ok, too. We will see. Either way, it means no more daycare after Sept, which is AWESOME!!!!!! That saves gobs of money, so I am all kinds of thrilled.

Ok, I should get some more work done.

No comments: