Thursday, June 24, 2010

Have I mentioned sick sucks?

6-24-10

Although I am not 100%, it is nice to be at least above 50%.

Yesterday was not fun. I woke up around 2 am and I felt nauseous. I assumed it was just heart burn at first, having had pizza for dinner. The ick didn’t seem to get better. I was starting to feel like I was actually going to be sick.

The alarm went off and I staggered into the bathroom to attempt to get ready for the day. I didn’t throw up thankfully, but all of the yucky did rush for the other exit and I knew I had what Dax had been suffering from.

I felt so weak. I also had some dizzy moments in the shower. I got dressed and continued through my morning routine, but at a much slower pace. My first thought was that I just wouldn’t eat breakfast. I had no appetite and this way I wouldn’t end up getting too sick at work. It was a good idea, but it didn’t matter since when I headed back to the bathroom, I knew I was done for.

Poor Ken was confused when I came into the bedroom. I was supposed to be waking him up in order to make sure his car started, but I wasn’t dressed. I crawled back into bed, in massive amounts of pain. My stomach clearly wanted to leave my body, but it just wasn’t happening.

I slept most of the day. I stayed in bed until around 10. The dogs kept waking me up and my back was sore. I moved into the living room where I napped off and on to the sounds of Scrubs. I tried the couch for a while, too, but it turns out our couch is way uncomfortable. I went back to bed around 2:30 and slept for another couple hours.

In between the sleep were constant trips to the bathroom. It was horrid. In hind sight, I kind of wish I did throw up. Once again, even though it would probably make me feel better, there is some part of me that fights it and doesn’t allow it to happen.

Throughout the day, I could feel the ick slowly leaving my body. It was like a tank where in the beginning I felt full of ick. Then, the ick levels went down. I could feel the level in my body actually go down. I still hurt in my bowels, but I also felt some kind of an appetite return.

I had some soup for dinner. Mostly I sipped the broth, which was good. I didn’t have much. I took another shower, hoping for it to soothe my back and ass and just for the relaxing aspects of showers. It wiped me out for a bit and once again I had to crawl back into bed for a while.

I did attempt to do some work yesterday. I had a meeting at 1:15, so I had emailed my boss to call me from the meeting and have me on speaker phone. He called and I participated for a while until I must have accidently hung up. I waited for a call back, but got nothing. Next thing I knew, it was an hour later and I had fallen asleep. I suppose it is better that I hung up before I fell asleep.

Last night I had a hard time sleeping. Bobby ended up getting the sick next. I would have helped more, but Ken ordered me back to bed. Luckily, Bobby is at the age that knows when he has to throw up so the mess is minimal since he can manage to get it into some kind of proper receptacle. He had dry heaves most of the night, which kept Ken up. Ken also was up because he was feeling a little icky. He was the nurse of the night, though. I couldn’t move. I had (and probably still do) have a fever, which makes life worse. Plus, even with all that sleep yesterday, I am beat. I will see how long I can hang in there today.

Ken and Bobby are currently camped out in our bedroom. They are in for a long day of rest and tummy pains. Thankfully Dax was cheery and he went to Maria’s without incident. I know I feel better than I did yesterday, but I am still tired. Luckily, I have a project to keep my mind occupied.

Yay plans for Sunday morning. I noticed that there is an 8:30 am showing of Toy Story 3 at IMAX 3D. I figure it won’t be uber crowded that morning, and we can skip bowling and go to that. We can get tickets earlier and then enjoy the Pixar flick with less stress. Yay!

As the day is moving forward, I am feeling better. I had some Advil (the first aid kit in the kitchen was lacking in Tylenol, and after I took it is when I remembered that I have a bottle of that in my purse) and a small snack and so far so good. I will try some lunch here in a bit, which I am sure will help just in the idea of having some more energy.

No comments: