Monday, June 21, 2010

Turns out, sleep is a good idea

6-21-10

I need sleep. I need sleep. I need sleep.

Just wanted to get that out of the way right up front.

I was awoken this morning by Ken calling out to me that he needed some help. It was 3 and Dax had just hurled. I should have expected this. Turns out most kid clichés are based in truth. When your kid eats mostly chips and crap all day, chances are pretty high that they will throw up.

He managed to not hit his blankets since he had pushed them off of himself. His friends got the bulk, with Kitty being left almost unrecognizable with how much he was covered in. I felt bad about that since while Dax was in the bath, he asked about Kitty. I had to tell him the only friend that wasn’t hit was JoJo. Thankfully he was ok with this.

The exhaustion plus hot and steamy bathroom and the slight aroma of vomit made me a little ill. When we crawled back into bed, I was a little concerned I was going to be sick. Thankfully it passed and I was able to fall back asleep…three minutes before the alarm went off.

I was tired before all of this. It was a busy weekend.

I managed to sleep in Saturday morning. Ken was even shocked that I stayed in bed, which is something I never do. I was just so beat.

We headed to Big Wok for lunch with my parents, Matt and Grammie. I really need to frequent that restaurant more often. Wow is it yummy! Bobby even tried some of the noodles and chicken and liked both. I didn’t expect them to eat that food, though, so I came prepared with PB&J.

We went back to the house for cake and ice cream. The boys ran around and we visited with Grammie. We didn’t stay too late since there were still chores to be done before the following day. Plus, it was crazy hot out and the boys wanted to go in the pool.

The pool was wonderfully refreshing, but it is a death trap.

I was in the pool for 2 hours. I left with 3 injuries. 2 out of 3 were inflicted by Bobby.

The first injury was when I scraped my knee on the drainage stuff. I now have a pretty scab that hurts like heck. This was just a way to ease me into the pain.

Bobby, while wearing his swim mask, jumped up at me and smacked my sunglasses into the bridge of my nose. I swear, I thought I was going to die. It hurt so bad. I even wondered if I had a broken nose.

This was nothing compared to what would happen a little bit later.

Bobby had been jumping off the platform into the pool, but up until this point, I didn’t have chaos of a dog in the pool. I was positioned directly under where the kid jumped. He landed on my right shoulder. Bobby is no light weight. He is 45 pounds of kid. He came down hard. I was flattened. The way he hit me seemed to dig into my shoulder blade. I had to get out of the pool I hurt so bad.

The rest of the night I could hardly move my arm without wincing. It was bruised and the muscle had a knot in it. Ken ended up working out the muscle pain, but it still is bruised to the touch.

I made the mistake of going to bed without pain meds. I tossed and turned all night, in gobs of pain.

We went to bowling and then rushed home after to make sure everything was in order for the dad’s day BBQ.

My folks got there around 10:30 and we had a nice time with the boys playing in the pool, visiting and having some yummy burgers.

This is where Dax started his road to vomitville. He chose to not eat anything but what looked like 100 Doritos. He ate dinner later, but I am sure just the sunshine, lack of proper nutrition and exhaustion led to the inevitable.

What sucks is that with us still line drying things, his bedding won’t be ready quickly. Thankfully we have lots of extra, but if for some reason he is sick all morning, we may run out of spots to dry things.

My hair is jumping ship. It has been shedding for a couple days. It knows I am cutting it this week. I know I have been going back and forth, but after spending two days in the pool, it was pretty easy to see that my hair will piss me off too much if I am having to comb it out after that each day.

New travel plans for the month of July. Andy’s birthday weekend, which is the last weekend in July, we are going to the compound. It is a quick visit, but jam packed. We would drive up Friday night and drive home Sunday. Saturday is celebrate Andy’s birthday, and then the boys would stay with Grandma and Grandpa while we all go out to see Adam Lambert. WOO HOO! I am quite jazzed.

This weekend looks like it will be a lot of fun. Saturday, Stephanie and Sabrina are coming to Brenan Park so the kids can run around and us girls can chit chat. I am sending Ken out to play with his friends since I think he needs to get out of the house. Sunday, I think the plan is a matinee of Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3D. I am quite excited, and I know the boys will love it. I just hope I don’t cry too much.

OH!!!!! And I forgot the most important discovery on Saturday. DAX IS IN!!!!!!! We got the acceptance letter for Dax that he is one of the 30 kids that gets to partake in the Pre-K program at the school. His schedule is 8 to 10:20, Monday through Thursday. We may in fact have him keep daycare, with him now only having part time, which will be good, since it still saves $50 a week. Ken has to check his schedule before we commit to daycare hours. I will be able to take off a Friday a month so I can participate in the parent stuff on Fridays. Ken should also be abler to be in the classroom when needed, and as the teacher told us, we also can be the at home helpers where we staple things or do stuff like that. Ken, Dax and I all need to go get TB tests, which should be entertaining. Ken will have to suck it up so he doesn’t freak out in front of Dax. I think I will go first. Hopefully then Dax will see it is ok.

Both my boys will be in school in a couple of months. I am so excited! Oh the stuff they will learn! The fun they will have! The friends, the adventure, the knowledge!! I know I am not looking forward to homework, but every other aspect of school I am really looking forward to. Making them lunches, hearing about their day, seeing school performances! Sheesh, I will be a crazy mom, won’t I?

Best of Kevin and Bean this week. I like hearing old bits, but it throws off my whole day since I use their schedule to know what time of the day is. I am worried that I am too dependent on them, though. I actually responded to Bean’s tweet yesterday to have him pick me for which 5 followers got a postcard from him while he was in Paris. I won!

I get worried when Maryann doesn’t get here. She hasn’t called, either, which is so unlike her. I may worry too much.

Ok, I turned on my fan to hopefully wake my ass up. I have started to get into the mode where I honestly cannot keep my eyes open. This sucks!!

Maryann made it in. She had traded hours with someone, so she came in at 8:30. Phew!

The poor Dax man is sickly. He tried to sleep in this morning, but his body just wasn’t cooperating. He has the Fear, so Ken went ahead and kept him home today. They only have one quick outing to the bank, so not too bad. Of course, it won’t be quick if Ken can’t get his car to start. It has been having issues. I need to save up $2000 to fix the PT.

Ok, I am heading home. With Ken’s car not starting and Dax being sick, he needs to use the car and I should keep Dax home.

No comments: