Monday, December 6, 2010

Did you miss me?

12-6-10




What is this? Do my eyes deceive me? Why, it’s a blog!



I actually have another busy day in front of me. I have training on the desk I have to cover for a month. I also have to fix some issues that were jacked up do to some other process. On top of all of this, I am sleepy tired as I didn’t get to sleep until about midnight. It is time for a dose of caffeine.



There is some kind of strange dot of pain residing on my left hand. I of course attempted to dig it out with a needle, which I think may have only made it worse. It feels like a splinter, which would be odd being that I don’t know how I managed to get a splinter between bedtime and getting up this morning. All I do know is that as I type, it is not comfortable on that hand to rest on the wrist pillow.



My late night was due to an outing to the Disney Concert Hall where I went with Stephanie to the Messiah Sing a Long. It was great fun, despite knowing maybe only one song. Turns out, I don’t know how to read music. LOL! I actually did ok on some of the singing, but I got lost often. Not that it matter as it allowed me to people watch, which was way cool, too.



After the Messiah songs, we went over to a different hall in which a number of folks who stayed sang Christmas carols. Thank goodness they handed out lyrics to those, too! Although, I knew these songs, so singing them with lyrics in hand was not too hard. Yay!



There was a little commotion during the carols in which it almost sounded like some crazy dude was not allowed to sing with us. He was shouting from nearby, and we never found out what the deal was, but it made me smile.



The rest of the weekend was productive. The boys and I went with my parents to see Grammie on Saturday. And that evening along with Sunday morning, I managed to get some Christmas presents for the boys, even buying some in front of them and explaining they were for someone else. I don’t anticipate that lie working for much longer.



The week ahead of me looks busy. This Saturday, I am hoping to get the rest of my shopping done so that I don’t have to deal with it any further. On Sunday, I will be working for a couple of hours, which is actually cool as it is 4 hours of OT. Not too bad!



Dax has been out of sorts the last few days. He is more argumentative and pissy and prone to melt downs over small things. He has also been sneezing and congested, so I am hoping this is just a cold that is putting him on edge and not some phase we have to deal with for some time.



Ok, I am going to get my ass to work. Hopefully I will have time this week to write some more.

No comments: