Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gathering Clouds

12-21-10




Stocking stuff done! We each took a boy, one of us at Dollar Tree, the other at 99 cent store and let the kids pick out things for their brother. We told them anything was ok. There were plenty of toys, but there was also a plunger, a ketchup bottle and wrapping paper. Should be fun. I think we have invented a new tradition.



Big Lots finished us out, and we have lots of goodies for the boys. Yay cheap toys!



We have one last Target run today and then we are prepped for go tomorrow. Work is a lot of gathering storm clouds right now, so I am a little nervous, but worst case scenario, I am working from the Compound on Thursday. Seems reasonable.



Remy escaped yesterday. Ken had failed to latch the cage completely. Thankfully, Team Luna and Monarch spotted our wayward rat and Ken managed to capture him and put him back with Ratticus and the safety of their condo. I really want to convert a Barbie’s Dream House into a rat condo. Perhaps next year. Especially once all the Christmas toys are on clearance!



I got good sleep last night. I woke up so incredibly comfy, it was a real shame to have to crawl out of my cocoon.



I got two texts last night from some number I don’t know in New York that say “666? I knew u were evil!” Someone I know or random prank text?



Some lady in IHOP last night took the time to come up to us to tell us how well behaved the boys were. Of course, I am so bad with taking a compliment, all I could think was that she must have heard us scolding the boys for what we felt was wild behavior and she wanted to make sure we knew that we were being too hard on them.



The rain is starting from the work storm. I think I will be working late tonight.

No comments: