Wednesday, December 8, 2010

sorry

12-8-10




Despite my plan to revamp my blog and possibly do a little less in terms of posting overall, I did feel the need to write something this morning.



I want to apologize.



In the last couple weeks I have been a level of swamped at work that hasn’t happened in ages. Most of the time I have so much time I am bored. I can write, I can keep up on Wikipedia, I keep up with emails and catch up with folks I don’t seem much. I am on top of it all.



Then came the new system at work.



Don’t get me wrong. I am levels of flattered I have not felt at work in a while. I feel important, useful, awesome, smart, hard working, etc etc. I love it. Look, you know I am feeling good about a project when not only do I put in OT, but agree to work on a Sunday.



That being said, I didn’t factor in the other uber important task I was assigned at the same time.



One of my coworkers is going out of town for a few weeks. The only person they can have cover her desk in her absence is me. No joke. So this means, I had to take a crash course in her responsibilities and get access to the system with her authorizations. Needless to say, it wasn’t easy. It meant that my full time job was her desk.



Oh, yeah, and I still have my own job to cover.



So for the last week, for all of this week, and all of next week, I will be functioning as 3 people. Testing should come to an end mostly next week, but finding bugs or fielding questions on training the staff will take its place.



Another headache which I was just reminded of in the form of my boss doing his best impersonation of the boss from Office Space. He got some email from my super annoying customer that I didn’t respond to her email that I got an hour ago yet. FUCK HER. Fuck him, too, since he clearly doesn’t believe me in what I am doing. So this being said, I now have to drop other things to yell at this bitch. It is no wonder I have a headache.



So what I am trying to say is that if I don’t communicate as regularly as I used to, it isn’t from lack of love. It is because I have been going home at night and trying not to just drink myself into a stupor. Mind you, I still have home responsibilities when I get there, and truly my only stress free breaks have consisted of various Zynga games on Facebook and my nightly viewings of M*A*S*H. Yay!

No comments: