Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11

I think New Years Resolutions are cliché.



We make these grand statements of how we are going to change and we then go gung ho into the year, hoping to better ourselves. The idea is sound, but the results are never what they should be. You end up eating the whole cake instead of politely declining a piece. Your new exercise regimen gets side tracked because you pull a muscle that never seems to feel quite right again where you can start up where you left off. You still end up spending too much money and yet not enough time on that new hobby. You basically go back to being the same you, but just with good intentions that will fade by the time March comes around.






It doesn’t stop us from trying, though. I should mock the process, but instead, each year I try something different in order to hopefully get my plans to stick. If we don’t try, then we have decided that being just ok is good enough.





I have several grand plans for this next year. Some of them I have already implemented with positive results. One plan was almost derailed until my subconscious kicked me square in the ass and inspired me like a talking bush on fire. Other plans are still being worked out, slowly, so that I don’t burn out.










The best thing I can do this year is to know, not just think, but to truly know with all my being, that I freaking rock. We are almost to that point. I say we because I don’t only have to convince myself. Those pesky inner demons that reside in my head also need to know it. They can still fuck with me, but they will know that they are fucking with a rock star.






So here is to 2011. May it be filled with laugher and inspiration, and yet still have enough hurt and pain to teach lessons. I will not just make it out alive, I will make it out on top.


Rock Star Bear

No comments: