Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stupid meeting-I so forgot to post this!

1-26-11




Good morning world! I am feeling positive. Not that I am trying to be happy in order to forget something bad. I just am really feeling like I need to celebrate the good more than whining about the bad. It seems like way more fun. LOL!!



Tonight I get to go see Clerks on the big screen. Not the first time, but it is always a good thing. I am hoping that Randal inspired me to be less Dante like.



I got to be a part of a search and rescue yesterday. I arrived home to find many of my neighbors out in their yards. My boys and Ken were out, too. Bobby runs up to the car and tells me we are looking for Saturn Bitch’s kid. Mind you, he didn’t tell me it was Saturn Bitch. Ken filled me in when Bobby pretty much just told me we were looking for Chelsea. LOL!



Chelsea is 2. She had been in the front yard and then seemed to wander off. Her father was starting to panic as they had been looking for her for the past 20 minutes or so. I quickly ran in and changed shoes so I could help in the search.



Bobby and I walked across the street in front of their house, yelling out to her when I looked over towards their house to see this little girl deep in their driveway in a red dress. I didn’t think it possible that I had been looking for all of 2 minutes when I would actually find her, so my shout to the others was simply, “Is that her?” I was a little concerned that I sounded like an asshole in my inquiry. Ken assured me if anything I only sounded confused. Thankfully, it was in fact her. She had been in their own back yard, which looked like a junk yard from our angle. I am guessing she simply was in a spot where she did not hear her father’s frantic cries, or perhaps she did hear then and chose to hide from him until she heard other people call out to her. No matter, really, since she was safe and sound.



Her mother pulled up in the car seconds later, yelling out to the searchers to see if we had found her. I guess she had been called at work. When we let her know she was found, she was reduced to a sobbing mess. Poor thing. I mean, I am glad the kid was safe, but man, what a stressful time span for her parents.



I am crazy sleepy this morning. I didn’t sleep well. Ken was up ordering Lego for this project, and I found myself tossing and turning with him not in bed with me. Then I just couldn’t get comfortable for some reason. Super frustrating since I had made the room an optimal temperature, which has not been the case lately.



I am really just dinking around this morning. I have two reports to finish. One will only take a bit. The other, also easy, but will probably require a smidge more concentration. I just don’t feel it.



I have decided I like the name Quorra Jayde.



I have some marathon cleaning to do this afternoon since the babysitter will actually be at the house with the boys. On the plus side, she doesn’t tend to do much more than just play on the computer while the kids are asleep, so it isn’t like she will be wandering my house.



I seriously want to call out tomorrow, but I will not. I am so curious about this parenting class. Plus, I want to help prep Dax for dinosaur day in the morning. I am not going to, but damn, it is tempting.



My mom didn’t remember that I have an IUD. My dad remembers. I think it is funny. I mentioned to my mom the idea of the name Quorra and she liked it. But her first response was (with quite of bit of giddy), “Are you pregnant??” My mother is really wanting me to have one more. I am shocked. It is so unlike her to be that kind of encouraging when it comes to practicality. I kind of like this side of her. She just loves those boys so much, and she tells me I am such a good mom that I could totally handle it. I am super flattered.



Mind you, my dad is not on board with this. He still doesn’t understand why I have an IUD. He thinks Ken should be snipped since 2 kids is plenty. Sigh.



Kevin Smith was talking about a friend of his who wrote this Winnie the Pooh episode in which only one joke was taken out. The set up was Tigger saying something to Pooh that was silly, and Pooh responds with, “Tigger, please.” Seriously, I am still laughing.

No comments: