Friday, January 21, 2011

What, no pictures?

1-21-11




What an eventful day yesterday. You would think the fact that we got Barnum back up and running would be cool enough, but in reality, Barnum was only the carrier of the really cool stuff, which included Dax’s leg, and in a much welcomed return, Granddaddy’s ashes!



My hopes is to give him a better container, and if possible, find some of his word working either in the garage or at my parents’ house to put him in. If not, I will find something more appropriate than the Tupperware he is in now. At this point, he has a nice location in the Brenan family mausoleum.



I may have creeped out the FB community by posting his remains, but I am ok with this.



Celebration of these things was had in the form of salsa from Cozymel’s which is super happy making.



I am excited today since I get a bonus today, which has been ear marked to finally get Miss Luna cut open and altered for no baby Luna’s to ever be created. I don’t have anything against puppies, mind you, but really, it is hard enough to find homes for kittens. LOL!



I will need to find a place to do it as we owe way too much to Dr. Steinam for me to not be embarrassed about going there. I also will probably need to go to work late that day since I am guessing drop off times are right when Ken takes the boys to school so it would be hard to have him do it.



I am guessing she is the kind of dog that will need to rock the cone of shame. My poor Luna Belle.



I am feeling so positive this morning. I love this feeling.



We have a work party at 11:30. A kind of thank you to our boss for approving our bonus checks and a get well soon to his boss who is battling cancer. I am glad we could do this as it is nice to be in a tight knit department again. It has been far too long for me.



Why is it that I can’t seem to manage to unlock the bathroom stall door before I slam into it?



I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow, but I also want to get up in time to head to the Redondo Beach library in order to get some choice books. They are selling books for cheap, and if at all possible, I want to pick up all the kids books and donate them to the school. They always need new books, even if they are old. I just think it would be cool if they could get a bunch. I have not decided if I will just hand them over to our teachers or direct to the library. We will see. They said they are going for like a quarter each, so I am stocking up!



Crap. I have the munchies. I wish I had brought an apple.



Dax faced Darth Vader yesterday. Ken was so proud.



Holy fuck! My bonus was way more than I realized. Woo hoo!



Why do random people, sometimes people I haven’t even known for more than a couple days, feel that I am the person to vent to? My temporary bunk mate (I don’t remember her name) came to me a bit ago and asked if she could vent with me. I didn’t mind, but I just don’t get it. Do I look like the kind of person you can open up to like that? I really am curious?



Party time soon. I am glad since I am starving.

No comments: