Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreamy

1-13-11






I had strange dreams last night. I wish I could remember more, but I do know that at one point I was in some random dinner in which I was drinking coffee with Greg and discussing life. At one point, he asks me if there is anything he can do to fix things. I was quiet for a minute. I finally answered, very quietly that what I needed was something he could not do. He hung his head down and around this time I woke up.







I wish I knew what it all meant. Hell, I would be ok with knowing what was the thing he couldn’t do was. Instead, I am left still trying to determine what the symbols mean.





My dreams are very important to me. They sometimes provide me with needed insight to my brain. Other times, they are just like watching a movie. One of my recent dreams was a movie in which Colin Firth was in it. He was in a relationship in which the two of them were heavy drug users. Colin kept trying to quit, but his partner kept pulling him back into the lifestyle he loathed. At the climax of the movie, Colin’s partner lay dying on the floor, Colin ignoring his gasps for air if only in an attempt to save himself rather than his lover. It was a beautiful, haunting story. I enjoyed it greatly and it was a nice change up to my recent string of more meaningful nightly visions.






I am just pleased that I was able to sleep before Ken arrived home. My fear of Stabby Joe has decreased, especially with two dogs now on my side and the need to be brave mommy to the boys. Dax’s nose was a bit stuffy and therefore sore, so he was crying a bit while trying to get to sleep. At one point he came out and whimpered about the pain and I explained some of it was due to crying. He was appalled that I would suggest that he was crying. Apparently this was a sign of weakness. I calmly told him that I am a bigger cry baby than he could ever be. He looked worried about this admission, so came to terms with it by simply telling me,
“No mom, you can’t be. Cry babies are babies!”



My son is so wise.





So despite my weary eyes, I will drink some more coffee and power through today. I am jealous of Ken as he gets to attend the first of I believe 12 mandatory parenting classes which are part of Dax’s enrollment in Pre-K. It may turn out to be boring as really, I think I have read more parenting material than any instructor in this class could possibly know, but it always feels good to be a part of the school.





I made some copies for Ms. Lira and when I picked up Bobby yesterday I took them to her. Her gratefulness was so wonderful. Not that I did it for that reason, but it is a nice change to have people so incredibly pleased when they get some help on things. So many people these days feel they are entitled to the moon and when they get it, there isn’t even a moment of thanks. It bums me out that our school is so poor that they run out of paper. Making a few copies for them seems like the least I can do.





Bruno, my coffee maker, is informing me my cup is ready. Time to get to work.

No comments: