Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Digital Rabbit Hole

11-6-13

The bump on my head isn’t as bad as I had thought it might be.

I stepped up on a chair to put something in the cupboard in Steve and forgot that the clearance is much different than at Eydie. I smacked my head right into the bottom corner of the door. I hit it so hard I actually worried about a concussion. I almost threw up and was in massive pain. Thankfully it seemed to subside after some time, but I can still feel it this morning.

The sore muscles and other injuries all seem worth it, though since I have two functional and gorgeous bathrooms now! YAY! Doors are on and things are almost there. Ken is going to work on some base boards and trim this afternoon. We borrowed the truck and hopefully we can get a dresser and couches moved over in these next few days. I took a bunch of stuff from the kitchen yesterday (hence the kitchen injury) and will take over more today.

I will mostly spend the afternoon at Eydie having the boys hopefully finish the rest of the week’s homework tonight so that tomorrow they don’t have to worry about that what with practice starting at 4:30 and the board meeting taking place at 7.

Bellatrix and Narcissa slept mostly somewhere on me all night. The plus side is that neither weigh that much so it wasn’t uncomfortable. Plus, they both didn’t mind too much when I moved around. The negative with new kitties is their total lack of sleeping etiquette. I had kitten butt in my face more times than I can count, and it has come to my attention that I may need to sleep with a shirt for a bit since they kept thinking of my nipples as theirs to suck on.

I just got sucked into the internet. I get fixated on some random person and go down the digital rabbit hole. Today’s focus was the lady who donated the JFK bidet to the city of Torrance. From what I can see, she was a big time philanthropist after her husband died. He had some kind of manufacturing plant, so I am looking for more info. I know it doesn’t really “matter” but I find it all very fascinating. I love that all these old Torrance newspapers are mostly online. Thank goodness!!


No comments: