Monday, November 4, 2013

I need my keys

11-4-13

Well fuckity fuck fuck.

My keys are in my car. Not to worry being that no one can get to them what with me having locked the doors before I got out. Sure sure. Cause that’s how I roll today

I am hoping this day gets better since I feel like there is so much that could go wonky. I am tired having spent a good portion of this weekend working. Ken finished all the tiling in the second bathroom and it looks awesome. On Tuesday he should be able to install the toilet and sink. We will actually have two functional bathrooms! I stained a door and painted even more freaking trim. I am hoping we are done with trim. Hopefully that can be cut and put up quickly so that it is done.

I put a bunch of things into the kitchen. I meant to bring home the boxes so I could load them up with more. I had even gone through the garage and pulled out at least two boxes of things that could be put away.
The carpet installers will hopefully call sometime today to schedule our installation. If we are lucky, they can come out this week. We are crossing our fingers that it is tomorrow since it would mean that we could actually get moved in this week.

I unloaded the boys’ dresser so that it can be moved into Steve. Depending on how this week starts to size up, I will take a lot of the boys’ clothing over there and populate their dresser. Once our dresser is set up, I will do the same with my clothing. I also am going to take over most of my kitchen stuff.

It is so close I can actually taste it!

In the midst of all of the crazy, we managed to do something questionable, too. Sigh. Look, I don’t regret it, but let’s face it, getting more cats isn’t exactly the best idea. But they are so cute and they are sisters and they are grey and white and they needed a home and well, um, yeah. We now have two new Brenans. Bellatrix and Narcissa have taken up residence. They are truly a couple of the sweetest kitties ever. They love the boys already and have gotten over a lot of their dog fear pretty quickly despite one kinda hairy moment. Breezer in particular, though, is pretty pissed. That being said, she has already calmed down significantly since Friday. Lucy wasn’t thrilled, but she was playing with one of them by yesterday. It will actually be better once we move as there will be lots more room and less crazy.

Halloween went quite well. We hit up the new hood and the kids came back with a lot of candy. Before we headed out, Stephanie, Ellen and I got to drink wine in my kitchen, which was incredibly happy making. It is one of those things that I was looking forward to doing. I love visiting in the kitchen, and with this new one it is way possible. Andrea and Ben even stopped by that night so I was able to show of the new digs to them. YAY!

Kam came by with the kids yesterday so I showed off the progress to them. I love showing off my place. I am quite pleased with it. Ken did a Facetime with his folks and Andy and Scott and they were all impressed with the work. Papa Brenan said that perhaps he just needs to sell the place and have us flip houses for a living. Yeah, I know it’s a joke, but I got a little freaked at the idea of parting with my Steve. LOL! I am proud of Ken since it was all of his hard work to get us to where we are. Sure, I picked out color schemes and things like that, but I am just the one barking orders. He is my handyman!!!

Bobby almost scored twice on Saturday! It was awesome! His whole team was so freaking cool in being encouraging and passing the ball to him. I was impressed and Bobby tried so hard. It was so cool! I am telling you I would have just about died had he scored.

My poor Dax was spent. The Zombies were not only missing 2 players, we had a sick player, and by 4th quarter, we lost another player. He worked so freaking hard on that game, but the other team was just much better and with our lack of people it was crazy. He broke down not only during the game but after. Just about all the boys did. They worked really hard but let’s face it, there is only so much they can do. I felt awful for him. DJ’s dad was so freaking sweet when he made a point to go up to Dax after the game and told him to never feel bad for how he does on the field. He told Dax that he was one of the best players and that he was truly a hero out on the field. Without Dax, they would have scored so many more goals against us. I really hope that next year my boy gets on a good team. He really needs it. He is an amazing player and I wish he could win one game.

I have so much to do today. I need to balance the AYSO books tonight. I also have some rebate paperwork to fill out (which I wish I had brought to work with me). I have to plan a team party along with packing, packing and even more packing. I also have a dentist apt today which means I have to go home after work (not after getting gas. Sigh) and get their soccer stuff. Then I go to the school and get them out early. Then to the dentist. Then to practice. I am telling you, I will soon collapse.

On Halloween, we got a scary call as I was heading to pick up the boys from school. My folks were with me as my dad wanted to show off his zombie makeup. Apparently Dax was in the office. He had been hit. I got there all concerned, but he had already gone back to class. I popped my head into the principal’s office and she was so incredibly sweet! Dr. Smart told me that poor Dax had been standing in line where two kids in front of him were goofing off and one of them accidently smacked Dax in the face. Dax had ice put on his face (he was hit pretty hard) and when Dr. Smart asked him what should happen to the other boys, he simply said he would like them to apologize. Love it! Both boys apologized without even being asked and they were both adamant that Dax had was not goofing off, only them. Dude, what honest kids! Apparently the school makes sure to let parents know when a kid is hit in the face for whatever reason. She was all apologetic, and it was so odd! I mean, I know it was no big deal since kids goof off. No worries, and Dax was more than fine. Yet she was so upset that this had happened. Mrs. Senechal was the same way! This school is truly just an amazing place and I am so happy to be a part of it.


I have yet another long ass report to work on because my boss is an idiot. Sigh. 

No comments: