Thursday, November 14, 2013

Energetic

11-14-13

Eydie looks ransacked.

I went by Eydie on the way home and picked up a bunch of stuff. It is a house in disarray. It makes sense what with the last bit of haphazard style of packing mode we are in. Cupboards were open, random piles on floors. It was a mess. Dax and I also went back in the afternoon to get more supplies, including laundry detergent (the new machines are up and running!!!!!). I packed up almost the rest of the kitchen. I think my plan this weekend will be to finish the kitchen and scrub it down. That way I know that room is done. A room at a time.

The good news is that all of the kitchen stuff I have brought over has a place and is in said place. My kitchen is pretty much fully functional at this point now that I have food, spices, dish soap and all my pots and pans. Yay! I will make something for dinner tonight, which is always fun.

The boys’ desks were delivered to Eydie yesterday. Of course it was after we had left, but at least they are on the porch and if Ken was able to, he will have picked them up last night. This means we can hopefully get them set up, even maybe as soon as today. By getting them up, it will add to the computer surprise on Saturday. It really works out well. My folks will come by after the games and set up the machines. I will take the boys to lunch and then come home to the surprise. It is double awesome since I am going out Saturday with Sarah which allows Ken and the boys to play Minecraft all night! YAY!

Oh, yes, did I mention? The net is up!!!!! Fuck yeah! I have not used it, but it was set up last night. We have cable and internet. Things are moving along nicely.

Ken also installed the back door that he had stained. There are like a million doors in our house now. We have to figure out names for everything. The back door really isn’t the back of the house. It is the one to the backyard from the living room. Then there is the catio door. Of course, there is also the sliding glass door. Ok, it isn’t that many, but it is more than we had before. YAY!

I am anxious to get the catio set up since it will allow us to move the cat supplies out of the boys’ bathroom. Ken is painting in there possibly this morning and I know he and my dad are working out the catio plans. We will have to have litter and grub up off the ground since the watering hole will be out there, too which means dogs will have access. I suppose it is also a dogio, but it is more for the cats’ benefit.

Bobby is in major dinking mode. I can’t tell if he is struggling with math and school or is just not motivated. I am not going to panic until I have my brick carrot. Minecraft play will be a major factor I think in helping him want to do his homework with a greater sense of urgency. Right now, he truly just sits there. Yet when I see him actually do a math problem, he does it pretty quickly and doesn’t seem to have too many problems. I don’t know what it is, so I will not freak until I have a way to assess it better. I think telling him to finish by a certain time so he can play on his new computer will tell me if he is really having difficulty or not.

We had our first sewer blockage. Ken called our new plumber to actually come out to check out how the place looked. He came and the sewer blockage happened at that time. He actually fixed it for no charge. Yay! Seriously, this guy is awesome. Super sweet, and very nice. I am excited to have a guy we know we can call for plumbing work that we trust.

Closets are still being worked on. Those will be nice to get set up so we can hang clothing and get more things put away. I really need to start pulling boxes, but the wiring and different things needed to be done first, so I suppose it will be done soon.

I have a month.  I want to do our holiday/house warming party on Dec 14. It will really be a weekend long event, but the actual “party” will be that Saturday night. This means I need to get everything put away and cleaned for that. By giving myself a deadline, I will be more inclined to bust my ass.

Apparently Papa Brenan is disappointed that we moved in before he saw the place. Yes, I should be worried that I upset our financer, but I feel like it will all be ok. He wants to stay in our guest room, but if the first time he was going to stay in our guest room was the first time we would be able to stay there, I would be pretty upset. It takes away the special. Plus, I still maintain the way we have been moving stuff makes more sense in the idea that it isn’t all at once, which would make more of a mess.

I am looking forward to the 24th! Stephanie and I are going to this cool art exhibit that has these photographs of skeletons that are adorned in jewels that they were dressed in when the people died. I hope there are a lot. I am guessing I won’t be able to take pictures, which is a super bummer, but it will still be a cool outing.

I got a light up leash for Miss Luna. I am anxious to take her for a walk up to Sur La Brea. Perhaps I may need a quick jaunt this evening just to get out and stretch my legs a bit.

I also need some lamps. The living room is much too dark. The question is, where does one shop for lamps? I don’t want pricey ones, and I don’t want to order online since I kind of want to see them up close. I have not seen any at Lowe’s that I really loved, nor did I see any at Target. I may need to run over to IKEA this weekend.

Dax and I managed to find gear for the Hoedown tomorrow night. We still need to hit up Savers today. We need cowboy hats for he and Bobby. If Savers doesn’t have one, then I am thinking Party City since they tend to hold on to their Halloween costumes for a bit. I got cowboy boots. They are not super western, but enough you can tell that they are for the night. I got a denim shirt so I will rock that with either jeans or my denim skirt and my own cowboy style hat. Yay!

OMG! Plans have just been made in which our Christmas cookie making fun will now be done at Steve!!!!! Holy fuck muffins! This means I am in a place that has room and facilities to make cookies. I am like a real grownup now. Tradition is shifting. It is coming to my home. OMG!!!!!!!!! I bet you can actually hear me giggling now, right?

Dammit, I need to go get my good gum. Stupid Costco doesn’t carry it.

Ok, browsing the Target site for lamps is showing some that are not bad. I may need to hit up Target in person, too, and pick up 2 lamps. We need some light!

I need a radio/iPod player, too. Maybe just speakers, since really I would be happy to plug in my iPod so I could listen to music in the house. Thank goodness for Christmas. Perhaps now I have things to tell people when they ask me what I need/want. LOL!

Ok, I really need to do something productive today. I am full of chit chat and energy!


No comments: