Monday, November 11, 2013

New home

11-11-13

I have a new place of residence!

It is an understatement to just say I am tired. I am exhausted and in ways I thought not possible. I am sore and sleepy and bruised and even feel a little sick, but it is all so very worth it. We are in!

The plan had been to sleep at Steve on Saturday night, but in an executive decision made, we ended up moving in. I pointed out that we would have to take our pillows back which seemed silly, so we decided to just jump in.

We managed to fit in moving couches, dressers, clothing, and 8 not so happy cats all over to Steve in the midst of a soccer game and birthday party that took up much of Saturday. I even got to cook a meal on Saturday! My first cook at Steve!

We had one jailbreak, which was not cool. Breezer somehow got out at some point Sunday evening. Thankfully after sequestering the others and just leaving the doors open, she came in. Phew!
Carpet comes today!!!! When I get home, we will be able to move the couches into the family room. The computer desks will hopefully be here by Friday, which also means the boys can have their new computers set up this weekend. Woo!

It was a series of firsts this morning what with me getting to shower in my new bathroom and I got to commute from Steve to work. I took Ken’s advice and took the freeway. I made really good time, so that will be my plan going forward. Coming home, the freeway won’t be as good of an idea, so surface streets will be fine. I may stop by Eydie to get some more provisions, such as silverware and other kitchen items that I need.

I am feeling rather nauseated right now, which worries me. I know people have been coming down with the flu, including people I have been in contact with. It could just be that work makes me ill. LOL! It also could be all the exhaustion catching up with me. Either way, I have had a couple times where I was sure my trash can was going to be well used.


No comments: