Monday, December 1, 2014

its December!!!

12-1-14
I am amused that people at work think I sound chipper today. My plan is working.
I really just have lost patience for the dumb, but I also recognize that this is still my job that pays fair enough and allows for time off pretty much whenever I need it. Plus, I can come in at 4:30, where there is minimal dumb to deal with (or at least it is in the form of an email which just means I can holler aloud since no one is in the office).
I have to admit, I haven’t been as inspired to write in a while. I think it is a number of reasons, none of which will discuss at this time. Ultimately I will try to be better, if only because I know there are people who enjoy my musings.
The long weekend could have been another 3 weeks, but that being said, it was 4 days well spent. Our low key turkey day didn’t even include turkey. This was only because we went to Denny’s instead of doing the cooking thing. I intend on getting a giant turkey in which I can cook sometime this month. I really want the stuffing and mashed taters.
The Christmas decorations are up, with a little cleanup from that to be done in the form of putting the storage boxes somewhere. Once again the idea of a holiday party has been brought up but it probably won’t happen this year. I have been too lazy to make it happen this Saturday night, which was really the only “free” night. Next weekend I am going to Sabrina’s recital, which also means Stephanie isn’t around to be able to come. The following Saturday is a gathering in which I will send Ken to, so it doesn’t seem like a good plan to have a gathering at the same time. We are making cookies that morning, anyway, so it will be good to have a night with the boys in bed and I can just chill on my own.
If we are being honest here, which I strive for, the gathering on the 20th has me in a tizzy of epic proportions. I am not proud of it, and really, it is only something I am dealing with internally since I don’t know who to talk to about it who, well, frankly, doesn’t want to hear about it anymore.
I am anxious for the rain, and pleased it happens tomorrow night since it will most likely be a canceled practice due to the conditions. I only am excited about this because Bobby and I have a dentist apt and I already know I will be stressed at getting his homework done in a timely fashion without also having to deal with soccer.

Ken and I will ref games on Saturday morning to ensure we have enough points in case we do well enough to go to Area playoffs. It should be fun, and besides, it is good exercise. 

No comments: