Thursday, April 23, 2015

Still back!

4-23-15

I promised I would write.

Despite my claims yesterday that homework has been better, for some reason it was a distraction day. Luckily it happened on a Wednesday since it meant we had an extra hour of time to work with. It was still frustrating, though, because I had hoped to run get hair color once homework was complete, but they took so long I couldn’t get out to do this. Hopefully this afternoon I can make that part happen.

This evening we have a movie screening we are going to. The company that produced the movie Little Boy approached AYSO’s national office and offered free screenings to regions who were interested. Of course I jumped all over this. What resulted was me holding 180 tickets to a movie! Thankfully, Ken went to a tournament meeting this week and was able to distribute most of them to teams in our region. The rest went out to most of our board, which means it will be a fun group of people tonight. It looks to be super heavy in religion, but that doesn’t mean it will be bad. I like the idea of watching something like that if only to gain insight into the idea of faith.

With the movie to look forward to, it means today’s work will be even more boring than normal. It also means that homework will be more stressful as I try to whip them to get things done. The good news is that many of my main chores are done for the week. I have completed most of the laundry and even got a lot of the trash from the back yard put out for pick up today. With Ken gone much of the weekend helping out Fred with the Founders’ Cup Tournament, I am alone with the boys at the house. My hopes are to work on projects including going through all of the baby stuff and post online to get rid of it. It will clear out some much needed space in the garage and maybe make a few bucks.

Well that was odd. It always amuses me when I can surprise people with the knowledge I possess about random thing. I was in the lunch room when a guy from the shop and our safety director were discussing e-cigarettes. The shop guy was having issues finding places that sold them as most of the places he knew of kept closing down and going out of business. So I pointed out that the market was flooded, and that even places like gas stations now sell them, which means people don’t need to go to specialty shops anymore. I then said that if you really wanted to find a better selection, they would need to hit up actual smoke shops that are not just vape specific. I pointed out that the places that will succeed will be ones that don’t pigeon hole themselves. The looks on their faces was priceless. They were impressed but in shock at the wealth of insight I had about everything from the illicit behavior of teenagers to the recommendations of locations to hit up. Yeah, I love it when I can be mysteriously awesome.


No comments: