Thursday, April 30, 2015

Birthday Quake

4-30-15

Happy birthday, Ken!!

Yesterday turned out to be one of those super entertaining days where I find pictures of people that make them super happy. Sandy, Ken’s cousin, was the recipient of my photo goodwill. I happened across a pic of her and her folks and posted it to her wall on FB. She was positively giddy, which honestly is the best feeling when you can do that for someone. I found a couple others and all of them were happy making. I told her I would look though the other gobs of photos I have for more of her dad specifically. This put me in my home, sorting through tons of pics. It was awesome! I organized some of them and will need to finish up the rest when I get home today. I found some real gems and was very happy to show the boys random pics they hadn’t seen either. Yay!

Dax went with Ken to his soccer game. Bobby considered going but when he realized he wouldn’t be taking his iPad, he opted to stay home. I was cool with this and I ended up chilling with him on the couch and watched a couple of Blue’s Clues for nostalgia purposes. It was especially entertaining being that I was stoned and Bobby enjoyed all of my silly commentary. It was freaking awesome. Especially at one point when Steve air-bended. Yeah, that happened. But truly, the fun was Bobby and I going all Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Blue. It was well deserved fun at the expense of a classic show from our past.

We have a company meeting (that they have dubbed Townhall meetings. Sigh, it’s a little embarrassing when your company is trying to be hip but failing miserably) today that I have successfully avoided the last few times. I don’t know that I will be as successful today. I probably should go. Sure, free food, kills the last 2 hours of my day, and at least I look cute today.
I was reading a bit on the topic of cannabis for dogs. Apparently it doesn’t have the high, but it calms them. Also it is a great alternative to steroids for increasing their appetite in certain situations. I am considering getting some as it might be interesting to settle Miss Lily a bit, especially with the 4th of July coming. Although I have kicked around the idea of staying home for the 4th and throwing a kick ass party that day which would make the dogs happy, I still think I like the idea of anything that would provide comfort to the pups if they are stressed or crazy from something. Plus, how cool would it be to watch some Discovery channel show on dogs with the pups all buzzed?

I am very silly for being excited about this, but dammit, I am ok with this. I found this random pic of my dad’s classmate from like 1953 in which someone had very neatly penciled devil horns and a tiny mustache on him. It made me laugh quite a bit and so I posted this. Sluggo, a long time DJ on KROQ, who I recently friended on FB, not only liked said pic, asked me if he could use it as his profile picture. I am just a simply fan-girl of my radio station and things like this make me giddy.

I am going to attend a funeral of someone I don’t know. Next Friday, a FB friend of mine that I met because she is a fellow cemetery walker, is a mass for her mom who passed away a couple weeks ago. I have not actually met Lisa in person, but she is awesome. She grew up in Torrance and has a lot of similar interests to mine. I feel as though every person who loses their mom should have support during a funeral. It is in Old Torrance and it happens to be the morning after our soccer board meeting, so it will be nice to sleep in a bit and then go the mass. I don’t intend on going to the wake after only because I don’t think it would be appropriate. I do however feel strongly about paying my respects.


Earthquake! It happened like an hour ago, but I think it is worth mentioning one of the benefits to working where I do is that I have been getting de-sensitized to these quakes. Not that there are quakes here, but my desk is next to the window which looks out onto Wilmington Ave which is heavily driven on by the giant semi-trucks that race up and down the street. Those puppies rattle my building to the point where at least once a week I actually wonder if one is about to crash into my building. It is kind of nice to know that the jolt this morning barely registered for me and in all honesty I assumed it was one of those crazy truckers. Neat!

No comments: