Monday, April 27, 2015

This isn't a dream

4-27-15

I would have hoped that with a weekend full of both hard work and time to relax that this morning I would be a little more awake.

Sadly, this is not the case. The past two nights did not provide any rest whatsoever and I feel very tired. It’s a real shame, too, since Friday night I slept hard, which was great for the work I had planned for the day. The side of the house required attention and I was ready!

I evicted tons of spiders and at one point discovered the residents of out tarp covered crap must have included a possum or large rat based on the droppings. Bleah. I suppose I should just be happy that I only found the poo since those possums might have stolen my soul if they made eye contact with me.
In a strange twist, I was less upset at much of the stuff under there having been ruined. It made for easier clean up when you knew all of it just went right into the trash can. I cleared out quite a bit until said trash cans were buckling under the pressure of the quantity of debris I was shoveling in to them. I was pleased, though, because the hard work paid off in the form of not only half the stuff going away, but I also managed to move some things that were visible by neighbors to the back and make the side of the house that people see look nicer.

It was chilly much of Saturday morning as I worked, which was awesome. The forecast indicated cold, but I was surprised at the rain that showed up when the boys and I went out for a couple of errands. It was rainy when we stopped at the Toyota fields where Ken, Jimmy and Denise were at. We visited with them for a bit and Dax became enthralled with one of the games. I seriously need to get that kid on a year round team.

I was pleased that I also managed to clean much of the house and get a nice fire started when we got back. It meant that when Ken got home we could watch Thor: The Dark World, which was required viewing before this weekend’s big release of Age of Ultron. Woo!

Sadly, my sleep that night didn’t come in a restful sense. Ken and Dax headed out to the tournament at 6:15, and I found myself awake by 6:30. I could complain that it meant that I didn’t get my full weekend relax time, but I was instead rewarded with an hour long chat session with Mr. Bobby who got up at the same time and opted to come hang out with me in the bed. When I am sleeping in by myself in the bed, I usually wake with at least 4 out of 6 cats. Tonks still is reluctant to come into that situation, and Lucy is wherever Bobby is. With Bobby on the bed, it meant 5 cats were hanging with us, showing the true animal gene my kid inherited. The cats trust him just as they trust me. Even Tonks was hanging out in the hallway, gazing into the bedroom, trying to will herself to come in. She did manage to come hang out on the bed soon after we got up, but she also allowed me to clean the bedroom without running away, so this is progress.

Bobby and I chatted about all kinds of various topics, which was really cool. It is times like these that a parent will totally cherish forever since they are rare and become even more so as they age.
We hung out at home for a bit and then headed out to go return the movie and wander Target for a bit. He insisted we buy a new beach ball for Dax, which seemed super fun to me. We went to the fields since I knew Dax wouldn’t want to be there all day. We happened to show up right when he was going to have Ken call me to come get him. Dax thought it was rather awesome that I could read his mind like that.

We went home for a couple hours and Bobby played some GTA. I really don’t know how I feel about this game. On one hand, it is so obviously fake and cheese-tastic. On the other hand, I don’t really like that a good chunk of the game is spent running around town shooting people just to get $10 from each of them. I still am watching to see if any of this game play will affect how he acts in real life (no, I am not concerned he will shoot me) and have told him that if he starts talking like the people in the game I will pull the plug so fast he won’t even know he had the game. I don’t want to be one of “those” parents, but at the same time, I want to be realistic.

We went back to the field in the afternoon to watch a game and watch Ken ref. I was able to help a bit by handing out medals, which was fun. Dax got to watch more soccer. Boy that kid loves soccer.
Last night, as I was first falling asleep, I found myself struggling once again with restful sleep. I know Ken woke me up at one point, mid crazy dream. I have vague recollection of being shot out into the ocean. It was not cool. My hopes is that tonight I can get some real sleep so I can come into work not feeling like it is a dream.

I have combined some hair color with some conditioner in the hopes to prevent fading with applying some color with every shower. I will be curious if it actually does anything. The color I use isn’t exactly super chemically strong. But I suppose if I am always conditioning my hair with some purple, it may replace some of the purple that goes down the drain.

Trusty is out for the day, which helps my foggy brain out tremendously. I have spreadsheets to prep for the month end reports tomorrow and just some general maintenance so it will be nice to not have to worry about any retarded questions he may have for me.

In a totally random excitement, I discovered one of my favorite lipsticks that I own works great with the purple hair. Woo!


Ok, time to be productive. 

No comments: