Friday, April 15, 2011

fabtastic

4-15-11




YAY! I am no longer dying. Ok, I know I wasn’t really, but man, I was feeling like it. The coughing was killing me. Thankfully, it seems as though my meds may be working.



Unfortunately, there is a new theory to the allergy; mold. What with the recent storms and leak in the roof, Ken had been concerned that some mold has set in. I didn’t consider this when the doc told me that I had allergies. I was still dumbfounded since the standard allergies (dander, dust, pollen) were all items I have been exposed to for years. My dad mentioned mold, and it triggered one of those sitcom moments where multiple images of recent conversations and other visions of my past tunneled past me in a strange video effect. I then looked up mold allergy symptoms this morning, and they include chronic cough, nasal issues, and most specific, random skin rash outbreaks, which is something I have been having.



I am happy if this turns out to be the culprit, only if it means I finally know what my problem is. But other than that, I am not happy since it means some work to remove whatever mold has set in.



In addition to feeling better health wise, I am positively giddy with this being my last day before vacation. I have a full week ahead of me of sleeping in and playing with the kids. Tomorrow is the busiest day what with soccer sign ups, Spring Fest and checking in on Matt and his Goonies. Beyond that, it is open. A museum trip is in the works, along with a zoo trip. However, it sounds like a crap load of time may end up being at home since the boys have their new friend, Danny, that also has next week off and seems to be a little needy in the friend department. He doesn’t have a lot of friends, and here are two willing kids that live a few houses down. It is a win win for everyone.



Tonight, Stephanie and I are going to a screening of Joy Luck Club in San Pedro. I have not seen the movie, which is surprising since it came out in 1993, which is around the time where I saw pretty much every movie that came out. It was the Blockbuster years, and you kind of had to see it all to stay current. Plus, when you worked that much, often you got home at times when everyone was either already out of asleep, so you would bring home a movie to wind down. I also didn’t read the book. Stephanie assures me I will cry. Of course, I cry at the drop of a hat these days, so I don’t know that this prediction is very telling. LOL! Either way, it should be a fun way to spend a few hours.



Poor Lycos. She fell and hurt her booty the other day. Thankfully, it is better than it was, but I can tell she is not 100%. She isn’t the young pup she used to be. I am hoping at some point next week we can take her and Luna to the dog beach since I think she would enjoy the heck out of that.



I am rocking lots of green tea these last couple days. I know that it is super good for you. After reading a bit, I am thinking I should drink even more! I am now debating on taking my coffee pot home for the week! Although I am pretty sure I can make it just fine without it.



I am so uninspired here at work today. I know in a few hours I will be free!



Bobby, my dad and I had the strangest conversation yesterday. My dad uses those SavOn reading glasses, and he has them scattered throughout the house so he never loses them. Bobby wanted to try them on. He enjoyed doing this, and declared he wanted glasses. Explaining to your 6 year old that they don’t require prescription glasses is interesting. Bobby didn’t care that he didn’t need them. He was just enamored by how they look. Specifically, his best friend, Bensaida. She wears glasses and he thinks she looks awesome. After much discussion, it was determined Bobby didn’t so much want glasses that “made things blurry” as the reading glasses did, but just ones that had everything look the same as it did without. My dad thought this was all odd, but being an accessory junkie, I loved the idea of Bobby requesting his first fashion accessory. You can bet your bottom dollar that Bobby and I will be glasses shopping in the next few days. I asked him if I could also get him to wear a straw fedora, and he agreed. Who needs a little girl when I have fashionable boys!!!



Madelyn starts yet another round of chemo. My friend Mo gave me a link that Scott should be able to sign Jacob up for a Super Sib status. She said they give trophies and really try to make sure sibs of kids who are suffering from a horrid illness get some attention during this trying time on the family. I hope he does this since I know he said Jacob is struggling. Poor kid. All of this breaks my heart daily, and sometimes I wish I could fly out there to help. I don’t know that I would be much help, so instead, I have just made sure to reach out to Scott as much as possible and let him vent. He took full advantage of it last week, which was good. I know he knows I am here for him, which means I am doing what I can.



Bobby got his first permission slip sent home for a school field trip. That’s right, my boy is going on a school bus down to Cabrillo. I am 1 part nervous, and 3 parts excited for him. Part of me also wants to chaperone, but I am trying desperately to let him have some independent time. Ken is probably going to, anyway, so I don’t ‘need’ to.



I do get Mother’s Day tea in May, though. Dax’s class has invited mommies down for an hour of tea. I am pretty jazzed. I feel like I need a fancy hat with flowers just to fit the part.



Part of me wishes I could go to Coachella. The sane part of me knows better.



Does tea make you pee more than just straight water?



I love Emma Thompson.



I put peanut butter on Luna and Lycos’ noses last night. It was the best 10 minutes ever! Cracked me up big time.



Why is it that I get the burst of energy when I can’t do anything useful with it?

I need to start marking on a calendar when the last time I did my hair was. That was I don’t color too often. Since I am changing to brown, I am doing all over color, but I certainly don’t want to jack up my hair.

No comments: