Tuesday, April 5, 2011

a minor clip of them

4-5-11




My boys were on the show! Ok, it is for like no joke, 2 seconds, but it is still 2 seconds! They are doing what they do best. They are screaming! LOL! Hopefully they air the stuff they did in the park. Crossing fingers here!



Miss Luna and I worked on some training last night. It truly helps to train once you play some vigorous fetch first. She was pooped, which allowed her a bit more focus. Plus, when I would have her sit and stay while I tossed the toy, she was less inclined to go after it until I released her. I also am more and more pleased with her new training collar every day. I highly recommend it. Of course, I know it would not work on all dogs, but my pup seems to really respond.



Ok, I had a random craving for coffee this morning. Two cups later, along with no joke, a half a gallon of water right after, I feel wired! Hopefully this will make the day go by quickly.



I am anxiously awaiting news from Ken that our tax return has been received. The following items will be going home with me (Ok, not all of them, but the first one for sure):



http://tinyurl.com/3bolr93



http://tinyurl.com/3e8ekta



http://tinyurl.com/3r9dt98



http://tinyurl.com/3obg7jz



Have I mentioned how much I hate the calm before the storm?



Bobby is getting to be so freaking funny. He delivers these random lines that are just a crack up. We were playing catch when I pretended to throw it and hid the ball in my pocket. He tells me I must have it, but I show him my empty hands and he looks at me with this fantastic, skeptical look, and says, “Odd.” I don’t know how to explain it, but it was awesome.



I think the most recent bout of coughing I had has permanently affected my voice. It sounds different to me. Not bad or anything, just different. I don’t know if it is something where since I still cough from time to time and so I am not healed completely, or if something like a bad cold can actually do something to your vocal chords. Of course, I don’t know that anyone else had noticed a difference, so it may be just me.



My Bobby is doing much better with his reading. His booklet he has to read each day this week had some words he did not know, yet he was doing well sounding them out. He also has been really taking his time on his homework and making things so much nicer. He has also taken to quizzing Dax on the wall words we still have up, which is great since it is good practice for Bobby, and it gives Dax a nice head start. I need to talk to Mrs. Fasheh to get the 1st grade wall words so I can put them up, too. I figure he can practice over the summer. I also want to talk to the office to see if they know yet what teacher he will have so I can maybe get some curriculum for next year so I can practice with him over the summer. I figure if I can have them each do homework over the summer, it gives them an hour or so each night of work. I will only do it Monday through Thursday, which is how they do it in school, that way it is just habit with them. I will have to talk to Ken and maybe next week at Open House we can go to the 1st grade classroom and get this info.



It is getting close to soccer sign up time. I don’t know if we will do the soccer thing or not. Both boys want to, so it sounds like we will. The plan is to have them play in the region closest to our house this season. Hopefully they get to then play with some kids they go to school with.



The whirlwind of busy is upon me.

No comments: