Wednesday, April 13, 2011

icktastic

4-13-11




I want to be back in bed. I was so cozy. It was nice since I went to bed with a raging headache. I am looking forward to Friday night since it is the start of 9 days of sleeping in.



I must have been under a lot of stress yesterday. Although, I would not call it stress. It was more like just busy with schedules. After work, I helped Bobby do his homework, and then not long after, we headed out to pick up Grandma Brenan from the airport. I was impressed with our timing since we got there just as she was calling!



The boys entertained until my folks arrived, at which point we headed up to the school. Ken met us there, and we went to Dax’s classroom first.



Ms. Lira had it set up in stations, and even had a number guide, having the students go through each project with their family. It was a wonderful way to do it. The projects were also all nice booklets, which are perfect for saving.



Of course, Dax’s projects were wonderful. I let the grandmothers get a lot of reading done to them since Dax can go over a lot of the booklets with me at home.



After Dax’s room, we went to Bobby’s room. Mrs. Fasheh seemed pleased with the total family involvement. There were gobs of wonderful things that Bobby had made. They also had a lot of work in booklets they made, which was wonderful. We spent a lot of time in the classroom, just marveling at it all.



The boys then took us all to show us the infamous monkey bars. Bobby did fantastic and went all the way across several times. Dax, the daredevil, decided forward on them was too boring and promptly went backwards. Awesome!



I am filling out gobs of paperwork this morning. AYSO signups is Saturday. The boys both want to play. I am looking into maybe getting them on the same team, since it may be possible. It is yet another thing going on Saturday morning. I also have paperwork that is for take your kid to work day. I am way excited on this one. I am thinking of just taking Bobby. I think he would get more out of it.



Grandma Brenan is spending the day with Dax. She is going to hang out in his class this morning, and then hang out with him until Ken gets home from class to take her to the airport. She is super jazzed, and in fact, she said this will be the highlight of her trip. Dax is pleased, too. One on one time is one of his favorite things!



This afternoon I am picking up Bobby and then picking up candy. The fundraiser candy is there today. I think I will just go straight to the school after work and pick it up before Bobby get out so that I don’t have to deal with a crowd. I want to take the boys to work to deliver the candy.



Seriously, does today come with a nap?



People are eating hard boiled eggs. They smell icky. I have to make hard boiled eggs tonight for Bobby’s class. Thankfully they don’t smell bad until you open them up. Bleah.



Ok, I suppose I should take advantage of a day in which I can do my own job.

No comments: