Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Do I really need titles?

2-10-09

So we are trying this again, and now I am a little concerned that I have it printing. I had become frustrated and confused at the reports yesterday, and so I finally had to walk away from it in order to not throw my computer out the window. This morning, I seem to have made it run, however, I now don’t know if the variants I changed made it so this prints instead of just being available later. It isn’t a huge deal, but it is annoying.

Other than that, I am doing pretty decent. We got the Christmas stuff put up in the attic and went through a handful of boxes. Much of it was trash, which was good since we could toss it. A whole box was video tapes, which ended up just being shows we have taped like X-Files back before we got the magic that is Tivo. We also came across one random tape of me filming the cats watching this cat toy. The best part of the video is I pan to Ken who is sitting on the couch where he proceeds to snip at me with a “What are you doing?” Cracked me up.

There now is a hint of clutter from that clean out, but most was just trash in a pile that I will take out this afternoon. I also managed to get some laundry done, which means my next step is some packing. Since it is going to be cold up there, I need to probably do a load of the boys’ laundry before I pack since they will be wearing the warm things they own over the next couple of days. My job is never done.

I don’t want to like the Snuggie, but there is part of me that thinks it is really cool.

Clearly the economy has made everyone go stupid. I swear, I keep talking to folks with some of the dumbest questions. Somebody called me just to ask if the discount they took a month ago was allowed. Mind you, they have received 2 statements since that time, both of which had no indication that they were charged for the discount they took, yet now is the day they check on it?

I feel cranky. I don’t know why exactly. I got great sleep last night and am happy that I get to do the Wii tonight, but I just feel off.

Have we really become a nation that has a dating service for married people?

It is freezing in here! I have my heater practically next to my ankle, yet I am shivering. Ok, in all fairness, I am also drinking gobs of ice water.

Yay! Jenni is taking Monday off, so she will be able to come up for the day to hang out with me. Very excited! What the plan is that she will come up, see the boys for a smidge, then she and I will go to lunch. This will leave the kids for nap time, and allow Ken to visit with his family.

Bobby just called me. Ok, Ken did, but Bobby was on the line. Apparently he is going to work with Daddy today. He was very excited. He told Ken this morning that Ken had told him he could go to work with him. Ken did not remember this exchange, but not like it was a big deal. So Dax went to daycare, and Bobby got to go on the ride along. Ken only has two classes today, one this morning, and one at 3, so he may or may not do that one. Ken is considering dropping him off at my folks house so my dad can chill with him until we get there. Either that or Ken will take him to class and then drop him off at my folks after, when Dax and I will be there.

Bobby loves these go to work days. He is super well behaved. I am looking forward to the day Dax can go. I think some Daddy and Dax time would be good. Often Dax is paired off with me and vice versa. Don’t get me wrong, I hang out with Bobby when I can, but Dax sometimes gets cranky when I am not around, so it isn’t at easy to send him off with me. But once Dax gets older, I think it will be easier all around.

Ok, off to check the report to see if it worked this time.

Nope. I have a feeling it will run today and I will be actually working on them tomorrow. Not a bad thing, I just don’t want them to flip out for how long it is taking. Then again, I don’t think anyone as noticed.

No comments: