Friday, February 27, 2009

My 2-25 post!

2-25-09

Happy Birthday Jenni!!!!

Yesterday was Bobby’s day of fun. In the morning, I had to go home to take them to daycare since Ken had a dentist appt early. We ended up deciding to have Bobby go to work with Ken, and I took Dax to Maria’s. Dax and I had some fun when he rediscovered his Tickle Me Cookie Monster.

I went back to work and finished up on my monthly reports. When I was done, I left for the day. I met up with Ken and Bobby where we took Bobby to McDonalds for lunch and letting him play in the playland. He loved that. He played with a few other kids there, which was nice to see. Ken had to head off to class, but Bobby and I stayed for another 30 minutes or so. The only way I was able to get him out was bribing him with ice cream.

We went and got Dax early. I wanted to get my workout done at my folks early. I figured there was a lot going on. First, my dad wanted to know how Doug was. Second, we had birthday boxes to do. Luckily, that part wasn’t being done until after Matt got there.

My workout rocked! I beat my record, twice! I did the dancing steps, and my old score of 620 was shattered. Ok, shattered is over selling it a smidge. I did get 649 and 640. So yay me! I did it barefoot, which I think was way better. I managed to walk the tightrope, which I had not been able to do before. I also got great scores across the board. I even apparently lost 2 pounds. What really cracked me up was that the Wii told me I lost that too fast. Dude, I can’t win! LOL!!


We went to Denny’s for dinner with my folks. Kids eat free, doncha know! Bobby did get all upset when we got there. He kept saying it was the wrong Denny’s. We didn’t understand how this was possible, until he pointed out it had no playground. Clearly, he enjoyed the McDonald’s trip earlier.

We headed back to my folks for birthday cupcakes. Man, was Bobby beat. He hadn’t napped, and had a full day, so when he lied down for bed, he actually fell asleep while Ken read to him. I knew he was tired, too, since he asked me to read the Lorax. It is an old favorite, but one of those ones that he doesn’t interact with as much. I think he likes to just listen intently. When I read other books, I have him help. But this one was just him enjoying the story.

I still managed to get to bed way later than I wanted to. It felt like one of those uber long days what with the trip home in the morning, reports, and all of the birthday festivities. It was crazy. Tonight sounds crazy, too. We have a grocery store run, Toys R Us, and possibly Build a Bear. Man, I need to rest.

I now have this desire to have twin boys and name them Pete and Repete.

No comments: