Friday, February 27, 2009

I guess I am wordy today

2-27-09

Occasionally I remember recent things that I am not sure if I documented, so I will list those things here.

About a month or so ago, I was getting Bobby ready for bed when I noticed something on his toe. I was horrified to find this balled up piece of hair wrapped super tight around his toe. It looked like there was still blood flow, but it was bad. I screamed for Ken who came in and managed to get it cut off. I am pretty sure Bobby wasn’t hurt. Hell, he hadn’t even noticed until I mentioned it. It left him with a little cut on his toe where the hair had dug in. I wondered how long it had been there. They always tell you to check for those sort of things on infants since they wear those footies and often they will seem to be crying for no reason, and it is actually from pain. But who knew a toddler would get that??

Fast forward to our trip up north a couple weeks ago. Bobby was napping, and had been for some time. I went down to check on him and saw him sitting in the room. I say, “Hey, there you are! Good nap?” and he looked at me concerned. He then held up his finger, but it was covered in his blanket. I was far enough away that I didn’t see what was going on. As I got closer, I could tell he was not happy, a little freaked out, and there was bad. I got up to him and found that his blanket, which is knit, had managed to wrap around his finger so tight that the tip was blue. Can we say scary! I scooped him up and placed him on the bed and frantically started to try to remove it. I screamed for Ken, knowing that if he didn’t hear me, Andy would hear me on the monitor. Sure enough, Andy did and sent Ken down. I didn’t want to rip it off since that might cause more damage to his finger. I untwisted it enough that I watched the blue turn to pink pretty quickly. Ken was about to hand me his knife when I managed to remove it without breaking his blanket, or hurting him further. It was freaky. He was fine, finger seemed ok. But man, if he keeps trying to get rid of his digits, I don’t know what I am going to do.

Ok, back to present day. My back is killing me this morning. I am pretty sure I slept on it wrong. Or, when I was playing with the boys yesterday I messed it up. I was lying on the couch with two kids and a cat hanging out on me. I am pretty sure I wasn’t sitting nicely on my butt, so it may be sore from that. Plus, I was lying down and lifting the kids and wrestling with them and all that jazz, so I brought it on myself. However, they had fun. I had a splitting headache, hence the lying down, but they were so cool about it. We played games sitting, so that all worked out wonderful. What cracked me up the most was Monarch, my faithful minion. That cat is so insistent to sit on me when I am around, he didn’t care about the two kids crawling around him and smacking him in the head occasionally. He is a strange cat.

When I went to pick them up, I heard laughing kids and noticed that they had just set out on their walk. So I opted to sit on the porch for when they walked by. It cracks me up how the boys are so different. Dax walks by all stoic, almost doesn’t even acknowledge me. He did wave after they passed, but it seemed like this, “I need to not run to mommy, I need to be brave.” Bobby, on the other hand, jumped up and down yelling, “That’s my mommy!! Hi Mommy!!!!!” pointing me out all excited to see me. Such a nut.

I have decided rather than get a cake for tomorrow, I am letting Bobby help me make one. That way he gets to have pride in it, and he gets to decorate it how he wants. I thought this would be fun. I may even take them to the Dollar Tree to see about some cake toppers. Don’t know yet. Heck, I may just go through their toy bins before they get home and dig out some things they haven’t played with in ages. Cheaper, you see. LOL

It is going to be a long day. I just feel it in my bones. Especially since this generic pain killer isn’t cutting it. I may need to take the other one.

While I was playing with the kids, the phone had rang a couple times, both times by the same place. My caller ID says who it is while the phone rings, so I hear it say, “Chu o Sitolgy” Yes, that is how it sounded from the little mechanical chick. I thought this was odd, and didn’t really bother answering. I was also covered in 80 pounds of kid and 10 pounds of cat. When I was free and clear of kids and fur kids, I picked up the phone to look at the missed calls. What the mechanical chick was trying to say was, “Church of Scientology”. What the hell??? Why were they calling me? Twice!! I can guess they were recruiting. I can guess they called the wrong number. But either way, I think I was a little bummed they didn’t call back. Not that I knew what I was going to say to them. I wanted them to tell me to confess my crimes. I know all the talk about how they are dangerous and I shouldn’t poke that bear, but I still think it would have been fun. Matt and Trey are still alive, so I think I will be ok.

I have a workout tonight, which may be just a lot of Yoga. It will stretch out my back. Man, I was on fire on Tuesday, so I hope I can do as well tonight. I also have some housework I may do after the kids are in bed. I think that will get me a good head start to make sure the place looks ok for the company coming over. I am really loving having this fairly clean house.

Dax has started saying I love you on a pretty regular basis, which is just awesome. It is so nice to hear both boys say it. Bobby says it several times a day, which always includes him running up to me hugging me. Seriously, if these kids were smart, they would start asking for stuff right after these displays of affection since I am pretty sure I will totally cave.

I am afraid my flowers are not doing well in this office. I may need to take them home, which is a shame since they really brighten my desk.

Pain killers still not helping. My lower back is in a lot of pain, and I can tell you sitting in this crappy chair isn’t helping. I have the heater on, blowing on my back so that it warms up and feels better.

I think I need to invest in a curling iron, and a flattening iron. My bangs don’t know what to do with themselves these days. I don’t want to cut them shorter, really, since then I will look like Janeane Garofalo circa Reality Bites.


I might be able to sweep them to the side pretty well, but there is this chunk on my right side that doesn’t go with the program, so it ends up looking like this crazy curl chunk. Not like Jew Curls, but more like this random wave of hair. Not that product or equipment is going to fix these issues, but it is worth a try. I want to get some curlers, too, since I would like to curl my hair the old fashioned way some time just for the hell of it. Of course, I don’t know that I have an hour of time to spend on my hair. LOL! I need to dye it this weekend, too, so who knows what is going on. My hair has issues.

I really wish they would stop transferring every call to me. This week I have had maybe 20 calls transferred to me this week, with about 18 of them being for someone else. It is getting old.

I realized recently that my cell phone’s voicemail doesn’t seem to say who I am. I suppose I should change that. I also feel the need to add some better ring tones, despite the fact that I have my phone on vibrate first, and most of the time I don’t need it to ring. I just feel like I am wasting technology since I am not using the phone as much as I can. Of course, I don’t really need this stuff, but does anyone?

I am loving all of the chunky jewelry in the Avon book. Not that I am buying any of it, but I like that the big and bulky earrings are back. It is these edgy 80’s looks that are cracking me up. I love all of it so much. Man, I am lame.

I used to think that tenure was actually “ten year”. I assumed in order to get tenure you needed to work some place ten years. I also used to think astigmatism was actually “a stigmatism” and I worried I would get some kind of stigmatism.

I really just want to lie down. My back hurts so freaking bad!! I took two doses of the midol type crap thinking that it would work on the cramps and back pain. It did neither. I don’t want to take more stuff for a bit since I don’t need to be ODing on pain meds. Tonight I may need to take a bath with the jets on my back.

I haven’t picked a good column topic in a while. They tend to just come to me randomly. I wrote one last week, but didn’t post it. I don’t always think that my postings are appropriate. I am mad at myself for becoming so gun shy on posting everything I write. I have stuff that I write every day, but tend to not actually put it anywhere accept my computer. I used to not care what people thought. I still don’t, but I do respect the idea that not everyone is as open as me. Then again, thinking about it, I have toned down a lot of the content about myself! How many people know that Ken and I am are trying to do the sex every day thing again? Probably not many. We have been at it since New Years Eve. Do I mention things like the text messaging yesterday? It started off with me sending him a text of lyrics to the They Might Be Giants DVD of the ABC’s that the boys are obsessed with. The music is infectious and on more than one occasion, I have one or many of the freaking songs stuck in my head. So yesterday, I decided to send said lyrics to Ken, cursing the good name of TMBG. He responded with another song, I responded with another. Then Ken sent me the robot part. There is a robot that tells this little girl that he is a robot that likes to recite the alphabet. Apparently I sound like the little girl, and Ken does a pretty good robot voice. So often the two of us will go around reciting it. I know, crazy. But it makes us laugh. Especially when it often is done in bed. Nothing like ABC’s to get your groove on, right? So when he sends me the first letter, I of course tease with how hot it makes me. We get through a handful of letters, all the while me urging him on. He then send the rest of the alphabet in one text, and I respond with, “all I really wanted was an F”. I know, cheese for days, and tons of TMI and vomit sounds are being made by anyone reading this. But I am telling you, people, this is why he and I work well together. And no, you didn’t have to be there, because even if you were, it would be odd. You really would just have to be us.

OUCH!!!! My back really freaking hurts!!!!!!!!!

We finally found something good for the trash cans in the boys’ rooms. We have tried everything to keep the stink to a minimum. Now we have found something that makes it go away completely. Method at Target has these decorative little plastic do dads that you put these plastic pouch type things in that are air fresheners. The holder is like $8. The inserts are 2 for $4. Not bad. So I got just the inserts. Ken put some double back tape on them and we placed them on the inside lid of their trash cans. Holy crap, it worked beautifully. Plus, these things are supposed to last like 4 weeks. It has been about a week so far, and it is still going strong. If it keeps working, you can bet that there will be one in every trash can, by the litter pans and even in hampers in the house. So exciting! Then again, once these kids stop peeing in diapers, we will have less stink.

Bobby is mostly potty trained. During the day, no issues. Nighttime is still pull up land. It also doesn’t help that some nights he asks for like 3 or 4 glasses of milk. We need to cut him off since he doesn’t have the control, but I have to admit, I would rather him let us sleep than bitch about not getting milk. But it is time. Maybe one glass before bed, then make him pee before getting into bed.

Dax has stopped being enthusiastic about the potty. Last night, he clearly had to go, but refused, and then ended up peeing on the bathroom floor while I was getting the bath ready. Uncool, kid. I may need to bust out the M’s again since he hadn’t been using them. Bobby did the same thing where he relapsed, so I am not shocked at this. But I do need to buckle down and get him trained. Now that I don’t have too many crazy weekends ahead of me, we can get back to business.

Have I mentioned that my back hurts?

I would imagine that the Blazer is ready for pickup, so that may be an afternoon event. I may skip going to my folks the more I think about it. I have stuff to do, plus, it isn’t like my folks won’t see them all day tomorrow. We will see. If my back is like this, I might not have much of a choice.

Lycos has been getting psycho. A couple days ago, we were outside and I brought out a Frisbee to throw to her, as we always do. She of course nudged it while it was in my hand, and was very enthusiastic about the game. However, at one point when she brought it back to me, she got almost too pushy trying to get it from me. Plus, when I asked her to sit while I was going to throw it, she began to whine. A lot. She was shaking she was so obsessed with this plastic flying disc. She then began to bark at me. Look, I know, she is a dog, but she can’t get all loopy, especially when she about knocked one of the kids over while trying to get at it. She was determined, and honestly, it made me a smidge nervous. I feel like she has been more and more crazy. I don’t think she will do anything to anyone, I just don’t like how wacked out she is getting over a simple thing like a Frisbee. It is as if she never gets played with, which just isn’t true since the boys love playing with her, and the times we go out back (which is often), she gets to play Frisbee. I worry she is going to have a little heart attack with how excited she gets. She was great with Dough and Elizabeth, and overall, she likes the people that come to the house. When we were up north, she had a blast. I guess I may be worrying for nothing, I just found her behavior a little off.

I realize I never got Bobby his MP3 player. Oh, wait, was I waiting for Ken to see if he could find one on Woot? I don’t know. I just know that I am loving how much Bobby is responding to random music that is on. He digs Green Day, and I am getting him hooked on Queen. He really liked Depeche Mode, too. I think that we also need to show Bobby the pictures he has taken since I worry his interest in the camera will start to go away unless he sees something coming from his efforts. Perhaps some printing is in order this evening.

Boy, I have been chatty this morning. I am also not doing much else.

Ken hasn’t called me yet and it is after 10. I wonder if he forgot his phone. Either that or he is on the phone.

Ok, just got a text from him. Apparently he is at the car repair place. Man, this whole thing has been one big adventure. Not a good one, either. It has been a pain in the butt overall, I would say.

My boss is a tard. Just thought I would make sure everyone knows that.

I seem to not be able to chew too much cinnamon gum as it makes me nauseas. I know this sounds odd, but I have noticed it from time to time, and when I feel icky, I stop chewing the gun and I fee better. I have even gone over to a different kind of gum, and that made me feel better. I wonder if this is normal.

Ok, Ken just had me take a bunch of Tylenol. Generic, really. These little tablets called Painaid at work. 110 mg of Acetaminophen, 162mg of Aspirin, 152mg of Salicylamide and 32.4 mg of caffeine. Let’s hope this helps. I am also about to eat some lunch, which will help I would imagine in the whole process of them working. I just hope I feel better soon.

The Blazer will not be done until next week. Apparently whatever those bad guys did to the ignition really messed with it. So far State Farm says to continue work. Ken was concerned since it is a 14 year old vehicle, and no matter how good of condition it is in, it is still 14 years old, and car repairs aren’t cheap. It would be bad if this little thing cost more to fix than the value of the car.

Random happy memory. They were just playing Aha’s Take on Me. I just had the vision of Greg and Scott both playing dashboard keyboards. Awesome.

It really isn’t fair that Neil Patrick Harris is gay. I would so put him on my list. Then again, this is the norm for celebrities I crush on. British or gay, or the one two punch, both. Thanks, George.

I got my third Netflix movie of Tropic Thunder. I think that will be our viewing selection for this evening. Ken and I may need to make every Friday night movie night. We might catch up on some flicks that way. I just need to suck it up and not fall asleep. If we do it right when the kids go to bed at like 7:30, we won’t be up too late.

I sometimes wish I had appreciated the music selections of people in high school more. Specifically Greg since he had quite a few choices that I often didn’t like just because I associated them with him, and now I find myself enjoying the music, and being mad that I didn’t listen before, back when I actually purchased cd’s more often. Then again, I tend to go through random phases with my music selections. Lately, 70’s classic rock has been my favorite when it is on the radio.

Poor Tammy. I swear, I am psychic when it comes to reading out boss. Whenever I say I think he is going to be very bothersome in the morning, sure enough, he comes in and is a pain in the butt. Yesterday morning I told Tammy that he wouldn’t be bad yesterday but Friday he would be. Sure enough, he was quiet yesterday and is on fire today. I have been forbidden from saying anything anymore since it seems to come true. What she doesn’t understand is that it will come true regardless, I am just giving fair warning. LOL!

Ok, took pain meds 30 minutes ago, and I don’t feel any better. This is unacceptable. I actually feel a little dizzy, but I think that is from how much pain I am in. I worry about things like kidney issues, but it doesn’t feel like that. It feels like a pulled muscle since it gets worse when I move around too much. Of course, the dummy that I am, I wore heels today. I couldn’t find my flip flops. I have decided to go to my folks despite the pain, and I will just take it easy. If it hurts too much, I will stop. No point in making it worse.

I really need to make sure to post the other journal I wrote this week. It doesn’t do a ton of good to write and not post. LOL!

Ok, just walked to the bathroom. Pills do seem to make me all loopy in the head, but not in my back. I determined it is in fact on my left side right above my ass, right where I was sitting odd on the couch with the boys. I am an idiot.

I want a shot of that stuff they gave me in the hospital. That would knock me out.

I still feel nauseous. Unfun. I wonder if that is from the aspirin. I used to not take aspirin since I found it to make me kind of sick. Who knows. My hypochondriac self has kicked into high gear and it has given me a cancer diagnosis, a pregnancy, a heart attack and an OD. Nothing will save me now.

I wonder if I should write under a made up name.

I wonder why my dad prefers lighter, shorter hair.

Where can I find more jelly bracelets in the bigger size?

Is it just me or are ankle boots just hideous?

Ugg boots are retarded for So Cal, but to some degree they look crazy comfy, yet I could never bring myself to purchase them or even wear them.

I want Don Jose’s.

I also want salsa from Cozy’s.

I want to go to Venice.

I really want a new piercing or tattoo.

I wonder if my dad really will get more ink.

I wonder if I could convince my mom to get some.

I should trim Bobby’s hair, but I kind of like it shaggy.

How long with Dax’s curls last?

Could I get away with a nose piercing?

Red hair?

Why don’t they make a convertible mini van?

I keep having this desire to try pickles and bananas. I just can’t bring myself to do it.

And no, I don’t want to eat them together.

No, I am not preggers.

I don’t think I have actually read most of the Judy Blume books.

I need to buy a lottery ticket.

I need to get eggs.

I have novelty giant sized pens on my desk for meetings, yet I don’t go to many meetings.

I have wondered if a lap band would work for me.

I then yell at myself for even thinking about it.

I am embarrassed that I dance a bit when the Free Credit.com commercial comes on.

I want to hang up some better pics in my hallway.

I wonder if people think I am crazy when I am sitting at my desk dancing.

I would like to get professional pics of the boys.

I wonder if they are too young to play pin the tail on the donkey.

I have never played Twister.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to believe in God.

I am not cool enough to talk to any celebrities.

I haven’t cried, like really cried, in a couple weeks. I wonder if there is something wrong with me.

Does anyone else write 9 pages of dribble each day?

Will anyone in my family’s future ever read all the stuff I have written?

I feel like I have a ball of bread in my throat.

Scooby Do annoys me.

I don’t really think I care about seeing the Dark Knight.

I wish my kids knew my friends better.

I wish I had more teddy bears given to me.

I miss having babies.

I still want a Golden Retriever.

I would love to be an auditor.

Hair bands crack me up.

Dr. Drew is even sexier when he swears.

Dr. House is less sexy when he shaves.

Dr. Steinam is sexy in jeans.

Dr. Weston is sexy even while wearing his little mask.

I laughed when my period started on Bobby’s birthday since it all seemed very appropriate.

I wonder if when I go through menopause if I will need to sleep in a different bed due to hot flashes.

I think I will go get some chocolate and post this.

No comments: