Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Biking again

12-2-14
I took advantage of my errands yesterday.
I opted to ride my bike to the store when I got home. I needed to take a deposit and I needed to pick up a couple of things. On my way back, I also stopped by the AYSO store in order to pick up my referee gear. Woo! The ride was about 3 miles. It wasn’t easy, but it wasn’t hard, either, which means it was a good amount for me. Riding my bike felt good. I have two games I am doing AR duties this weekend, so I think a few workouts are in order this week to prep.
Sadly, I neglected to pack a gym bag for work. I wanted to get on the treadmill. It means this afternoon and during bathroom breaks today I will be doing some squats and yoga stretching.
Bobby and I have our follow up dentist appointments today. I have to pick them up at 2:30. I warned them both so as to not have a breakdown in the office again.
I need to get the house in order for Friday evening. Mr. Chin comes to the house for Dax’s conference. It is funny how nervous I get about these. I am doing Mrs. Van Wie’s on my own since Ken is in class. I hope there is all good news.
I discovered there is a charity that sends rubber ducks to the people of Sandy Hook. I am considering sending a bunch of my Rubba Ducks to the kids there. I was profoundly sad when that shooting took place. Those kids are Dax’s age and the idea sickened me to no end. I have a crap ton of rubber ducks so this all seems like a no-brainer. I have an email in to them to verify they don’t mind larger ducks as opposed to the cute little ones you can get from Oriental Trading Company.
I tried a new tactic last night with homework, and I gotta say, it seemed to work well. I told the boys they had to have homework done by 5pm in order to play on the computers. I don’t know if their homework was super easy last night or if the time frame helped, but they were done by 5. I also didn’t hover. I let them handle it. I also took the plan last night explaining that they had to have certain chores and their shower done by 7:30. I did remind them, but it was nice to have this plan in place.
My neck is hurting again. I really think my pillows are wrong. I also have had some difficulty in staying asleep. Last night it was due to my legs. Although the ride wasn’t super hard, I know my muscles were unsure what to do with it all. I am shocked I didn’t sleep better, though. I had a couple hits, I watched Parenthood which got me all nice and cried out, and I was exhausted. What’s a girl gotta do?


No comments: