Thursday, April 2, 2009




4-2-09

Boss free day for me! YAY!!

Thank goodness. I am getting a little sick of this being exhausted thing, and if I had to deal with him today on top of that, I would have died. I didn’t get to bed until probably 10:30 last night. I crashed, but it wasn’t for long enough. 4 o’clock comes pretty quickly.

The afternoon was crazy. I got home with the intent of heading out to get Ken’s anniversary present after I got the boys. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out I could get it online, and print out the certificate at home. Score! However, technology was angry with me for some reason and the printer would not respond to my print request. Fine, I will just wait till Ken gets home and have him fix it. At least I don’t have to head out.

This was so great based on Dax’s mood. He was grouchy and both the boys were restless. It didn’t help that when I picked them up, they were just starting in on the movie Horton. So I told them we could watch it at home, which pleased them. However, technology’s grudge was still in full force, causing the DVD player to not work. Fantastic. On top of that, Bobby vision didn’t work. I was frustrated.

Both boys were making messes left and right and just didn’t listen. At one point, I finally got frustrated with the clutter that is my house. I put the boys in their rooms and went a little ape shit with cleaning the living room. They came out after about 10 minutes of quiet play. They looked concerned for my stability. Bobby offered me a hug and a kiss. Dax kept coming up to me saying, “I love you mommy! Hug me!” Super cute, but I was already fried.

I made French Toast for dinner which had the whole lot happy. Fresh bread, so it was particularly yummy. I was impressed with how much they ate. Ken had gotten home and fixed the tech stuff, and so we ate dinner while watching Horton save the speck.

They were still wired. I would have taken them out back but I was afraid that they would be standing too much there. So we went for a walk instead. A short one since it was close to bedtime and baths were in order due to the sticky factor. Toddlers and syrup equals goo everywhere. If it was warmer out, perhaps the hose would have been best, but it is still early spring, so we opted for the bathtub.

Dax’s rash is worse, and now he is all sniffly. Not sure if they are related, but I gave him some benedryl. He was pissy up until he fell asleep. I had given him a treat of some fruit snacks (which he loves) and he just kept asking for another bag. Endless cries of “Please Mom!” were shouted and whined at me as I read to him. He finally gave up some time when Ken was reading. I think his arms being so itchy were upsetting him. I looked up some possible causes, and realistically, aside from some kind of food allergy, I would say it is just eczema. The problem being that he keeps scratching it, which isn’t allowing it to heal. I trimmed down his finger nails so there would be no hard core scratching, and slathered him in the anti itch Neosporin and put him in long sleeves for bed. This afternoon, I think I will hit up Rite Aid (perhaps a walk is in order) to see if they have any OTC that contain the crap to treat that. I had read you shouldn’t use too much topical stuff, but I need something to soothe this outbreak so that we can then use preventive measures for the future. Some of the things that can lead to it are milk and peanut butter, which of course he lives off of. I doubt this is the causes, and lord knows I can’t take him off either. Actually, that reminds me, I need to get them some 2% milk since apparently they both need more fat in their milk for their brains. Although, I wonder if since they drink as much milk as they do if that will suffice to cover for that extra fat. Hmm..then again, 2% won’t kill us.

The Melting Pot called me yesterday to confirm my reservation. It was cool! They asked me how long we have been married and offered us a private booth. How cool is that? I don’t know that it is fancy pants, but I like the attention. Dani told me that it is an awesome place. She did point out that she tends to go as a girls night out since Glen said that if he was going to pay that much, he wanted them to cook his food (referring to the hot oil and meat). Lucky for me, I think that is a selling point for Ken, who loves that kind of stuff. It will be like a science experiment.

When Dani mentioned the girl’s night out, I found myself jealous. She says she goes out with a few girlfriends to do stuff. Well, even though I have a few girlfriends, most don’t know each other, and some don’t live close. I found myself longing for the days of having more time and a core of friends. Not that I don’t love my friends now. I just feel like I have perhaps been a crappy friend. I need to get out! This has inspired me and I think that a slumber party is in order. I would say at someone’s house, but I think that would be bad only because then there is cleanup and no one should have to do that. So I think that a hotel suite needs to be arranged and I need to find a date in which friends, and even friends of friends need to all converge on said suite. We need the standards of cookie dough and nail polish. PJ’s are a must (and just for any guys reading, just assume we are having the pillow fight) and maybe even some kind of silly board game. Booze, um, yeah! Now that I think about it, I think I want this for my birthday. So ladies, listen up. Sometime in June I want to do this! Are you in??

I have downloaded a couple of wiki readings, but truly, I should work on this one stack of work I have. I figure I can do the other crap tomorrow when the boss is back, whereas this is stuff he would keep interrupting me on.

My hair is so wanting to be uber cute today, but it is struggling a hint to keep it that way.

Ken is going to be so excited, as are the boys. Toy Story 3 comes out next year (June 2010) and on the Wiki page, it indicated that they had a deal with Lego for toys. My boys are going to get Lego AND Buzz. Perhaps a Lego party is in order when that happens.

I want to see Monsters Vs Aliens. I want the boys to see it, too. I don’t imagine they would sit through the whole thing. No, Bobby will, but Dax might not. However, they often have those kid screenings, and I wonder if they could do that. Granted, they may be less likely to make it through that since the other kids will be distracting. It may be something where we see if it plays at the dollar movies (ok, formally dollar movies, I think those are now like $3) and we can test it out to see if we can see movies in theatres. Good practice for them, too, since I have a little over a year to get them ready for Toy Story 3. Dax will be just shy of 4, and Bobby will be 5 and a half. I would imagine that is totally doable.

I need to order balls from Oriental Trading Company tomorrow. I was trying to figure out the best things to put in the eggs for Easter, and I can safely say candy is not an option. In fact, I got them very little candy. But I do think that the eggs should have fun stuff. I found some balls that had little skulls on them, which the kids would love. Only mine, right? But I am also wondering if I should order some other things. Dax seems to like little plastic figures. Trust me when I say we are a little freaked out that the bats he has will get lost since we can’t seem to find them anywhere. So we are thinking maybe we need to find some new ones for him that we can get a couple of. Oriental Trading Co has lots of sets of little toys like the bats. Lots of ducks, which unfortunately don’t impress him, but there are also some other items. I may see if they have a set of 12 different ones. In the mean time, I think I need to go look in the bath aisles of stores to see if they have any he may like. I would imagine Target will have some stuff, so I will hit them up. I also think Babies R Us will have lots of this stuff. I have not gone in there in ages, so that will be odd. But I think that if we go when I get off work, we might be able to find a couple things.

I hate it in the mornings when I look at the monitors for the boys’ rooms and neither of them move. Look, I know this is a good thing since it means they are sleeping soundly, but I prefer it when I see at least some evidence of life. The picture isn’t that clear for you so see the rise and fall of their chests. I don’t want to take the chance of waking them by going in their rooms. It is 5 am after all, and the whole house doesn’t need to be up for that.

My neck hurts.

I really don’t know how folks watch American Idol without Tivo. I have my favorites (Adam and Danny) but really, aside from two others, I don’t care what the rest of them sound like. I certainly don’t need to listen to 3 out of 4 of the judges. I was especially annoyed when they gave this one chick I really dig a hard time about her dress. It was crazy cute, and they said it looked like she was trying too hard to be rock. F them. It was cute. She is 16 and is that style! One of the judges told her she looked like she was dressing up to be a rock star. Um, isn’t that the whole fucking point of AI? Lay off the cute rocker chick in her cute little outfit. Dammit.

My stomach hurts. I so can’t go home. I have a boss free day! I am so going to suck it up.

It will take every ounce of strength to go in to work tomorrow, actually. Rumor is the boss is out on Monday, but not tomorrow. So wouldn’t it be grand to be boss free Thursday through Tuesday???
You never touch the Queen in a photograph??? They just said that on the news. Why the heck not? I am a sucker for a lot of that tradition and crap like that, but what the hell? It is 2009, lady. You can’t handle someone shaking your hand in a pic? Are you too good for that? Are you afraid your soul will be sucked away into the person’s hand because of some picture taking magic? Are you a germophobe? Do you suffer from warts and just don’t want anyone to know about it? Sheesh, lady, get over yourself. I think you are pretty cool considering all you have had to endure, but you may want to lighten up a smidge. No one would fault you for that. You have done great with things like allowing Camilla to marry Charles and there was even a report sometime last year that you loved Wii bowling. Awesome! So how’s about not leaving a guy hanging when they offer you their hand? I now have such a desire to meet her and to get a picture of me hugging her. I also want a pic of me high fiving Obama, but I think that would be way easier to get since
he is cool.


























I love the pics of the leaders at the G-20 summit. The only thing that would make them better is if they all had a beer.




Holy crap, I need to pee. I just don’t want to go while Kevin and Bean are on.

What happens when you sneeze when no one is around? Will you die because there is no one there to bless you? That is one of those things that drives me crazy. I am not religious, and I feel it is rude for me to bless someone, despite being an ordained minister, without belief in God. That being said, it feels rude to not offer that exchange. I doubt it means as much to folks anymore. But it is kind of like saying please and thank you now. It is just polite. I went for a while not saying anything, but then I thought it was so freaking cute when Bobby would bless Dax when he sneezed as a baby, so I decided to do it again. I just wikied sneezing, so I am off to learn more.

Ok, if I truly believe in the evil spirits or my soul leaving my body, then yes, I need blesses. So I am fine. And it doesn’t seem to directly correspond with current religion, so I should be ok in telling people “Bless You” and not insulting anyone.

Man, perhaps I need a life if I am looking up sneezes.
My weekend appears to be super busy. We need to get Ken’s Lego organized, because frankly, I can’t have it in the entry way anymore. I want to get rid of the book shelves, too. I want to clean up the entire entry way this weekend. This of course may not be possible with the status of the shop up in the air at press time. But my plan is clear on what I want done. I may go get a couple of bins from Target tomorrow, maybe on the way to my folks before we drop the kids off. I will use those for these books that I want in tact. I have a place for the year books, too, that I will put away. I have a little shelf in our bedroom that has some books on it that are not needed, so those will go in the box, too. While I am at it, I may go through the books in Dax’s room, but we will see. One thing at a time. But I can tell you, my entry way will be free when I am done on Sunday.

I feel busy but I don’t feel like I am working on anything in particular. Yet I keep having work to do. Then when the flurry is gone, I find myself wondering what I was working on before the wush of activity.

Random memory alert. It popped in my head probably due to a song. Some dance I went to at Aviation’s gym called the Oblivious Kaleidoscope? I have a vague recollection of Mr. Wade being there from Adams. But I was with Greg and Angela. Hmm…what the heck???

They are advertising some place with endless enchiladas. I say I need some Tupperware, a big ass purse and I go and load up!!

Another random memory. I remember sneaking BK into the movies at Hermosa with Brandy. This memory makes more sense.

My boss is irritating Tammy and he isn’t even here. That is power! Poor Tammy!!

I don’t think I call people bitches enough. I tend to refer to them as a whore, not a bitch. I wonder why that is? Perhaps bitch is not funny enough? I also have upped the use of fuck, so maybe I need to diversify my swearing portfolio.