Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

4-10-09

I have a new “pantry”. I had been using a bookshelf in our kitchen for more space. Ken had this cabinet at the shop that I have now replaced it with. Not only does it have more room, it closes! Yes, it isn’t exactly kitchen looking, but none of our decorating themes match, so it works for us. I am thrilled. It looks so much nicer. It will help in some of my kitchen cleaning this weekend.

I have a lot to do. I have laundry to put away (Ken washed it all yesterday). I have eggs to color. I have Easter baskets to create. I also want to get the Lego stuff that is in my way out of my way. Some of this will include packing up those stupid bookshelves once and for all so that there is more room. I just hate that the entry way is so cramped and squished. I brought in groceries yesterday and almost tripped over everything. Plus, I was knocking things down because it was narrow due to boxes. Trust me, when you have two toddlers who walk slow, a ton of crap you often need to bring in the house, and then set up an obstacle course, someone is going to get annoyed. That someone is me. So that needs some work.

I got provisions to make rice krispie treats. I have had a desire to make them for some time, mostly because I think the boys will enjoy them and enjoy making them. We got the generic krispies, which I realize is blasphemy, but for the same price of one box of Snap, Crackle and Pop, I could get two boxes of the other stuff.

My folks are on their way to Cancun in a couple hours. My task for the next week is to make sure to check in on Matt to make sure he is ok. Bummer for him only because he will be bored, is that he has today and Monday off.

Look, I am all for animals being safe and whatnot, but F you PETA. You sent a fucking letter to the Pet Shop Boys to change their name? Look, I know it is harmless and you are doing it for publicity, but really, you are just hurting your cause. I can tell you that I find your tactics to make you a less reputable organization and any good you may have done in the past is overshadowed by stupid games. Sea kittens? Asking Ben and Jerry’s to use human breast milk? It doesn’t make you sound witty. It doesn’t make you sound like you care about animals. It makes you sound like a-holes. Knock it off. I will be perfectly honest when I say that I agree with Kevin and Bean. When you see them do stuff like this, it makes you want to go out and eat a hamburger just to spite them.

People are out of the office today. Good Friday and all, it is a holiday for some. It means that I have no real buffer from the boss. Less people to bug means more time for him to annoy the crap out of me.

Shoot! I need to send back those two Netflix movies we have!!

I don’t have to go anywhere when I get home (a first in some time) so I think I will get a head start on this whole cleaning adventure. Now, I am going to go do some more wiki-reading and perhaps do some real work.

No comments: