Friday, April 3, 2009

Yay Date Night!

4-3-09

It is going to be a good day! I have decided, so I am just going to run with it. I am being all pleasant to people. It is a bit disturbing.

Had an ok afternoon. Went in search of friends for Dax’s bats. Really, I just wanted to make sure Dax had lots of friends in case one of them was lost he would have others to fall back on. None of the ones we saw at Babies R Us caught his eye long enough to warrant picking them up. We had the bag of old tub toys, so I went through those and found a fish, a penguin and a frog. I gave them to him as “surprises” when we were about to read our bedtime story. He promptly lost the frog behind the bed. He loved the penguin, and had it while Ken was reading to him (he even rejected the bats a bit until I convinced him that they were good friends with Penguin), and then lost him behind the bed as well. The fish is probably there, too. So of course, the whole point of friends was in case the favorite bats were lost, and then the friends are lost in 15 minutes. Awesome.

Other than that, it was a pretty mellow evening. Watched some Gabba, played out back for a spell. Ken and I had planned on going to bed early, but stupid Super Poke Pets had us occupied for an hour. In all fairness, we were also waiting for Bobby to settle a bit more before bed, but I am pretty sure he was asleep for 40 minutes of our play.

Bobby got up around 3 this morning asking for milk. He was also up this morning when I left, and I got him some more milk. It must be one of his insomnia nights. He gets them from time to time. Hopefully he gets some rest this morning.

Kevin and Bean have me rolling this morning. LOL!!

Bobby may be more popular than I realized. So I went and picked them up from daycare yesterday. Dax of course greeted me enthusiastically with the full tackle. Bobby was happy to see me, but he also knew his people would be sad to see him go. He was wearing these jeans and his tank top, long locks flowing, you would think he was the modern day Jesus as a preschooler. He tells everyone he needs a hug because he is going. His best mate, Kenny, runs up and presents him with a hug first. He was actually reluctant to let go. But the other 3 children also wanted to touch the messiah. It resulted in a group hug of Bobby. Mind you, Dax has already ran out the door and is yelling to me, “coming, mommy?” So I gather Bobby and we head out to the porch. Bobby then commands to his followers (they all came out to bid us farewell) that he needs high fives. They were more than happy to oblige. Kenny also gave him another hug and whispered something in his ear (he told him he had something to tell him, which only made me wonder if he was just assuring his fearless leader that he would watch the flock while he was gone). Dax was still tugging at my arm, ready to leave. He was like this little rock star, and if the kids knew what, or could pronounce autograph, I am pretty sure they would have requested one from him. The best part was that Bobby just seemed to eat this up. Clearly he is prepared for the adoration he is going to get through life. It also made me happy that Dax was so openly shunning the spectacle that was Bobby’s fan’s. Don’t get me wrong, I have seen Dax charm the crap out of folks, but I have a feeling he will charm when he needs to, and won’t be the Homecoming King that Bobby is gearing up to be.

Stupid paycheck. Well, stupid me, really. When the whole change our account number fiasco took place, we were going to change the account info with my work for direct deposit. The thing is, it has been working just fine the last two pay periods, so therefore I didn’t think it needed to be changed. This morning, Ken checked the account, and no check. I have in my hands a auto deposit check, not a live one. Way uncool. So Ken is checking with the bank again to see where it is. If they don’t have any record of it, then I may need to work with HR. Cause I needed more headaches.

Paycheck situation all better. It was in the account, so perhaps it just went in later than normal.

Congrats to Nate and Kristie on their engagement. I am so excited for them! It means that I have three upcoming weddings. Ok, I am speculating since I don’t know if I am invited to any of them. Nate’s, Matthew (his brother), and my brother, Doug. YAY! I have not been to a wedding in what seems like ages. I love weddings. No, not because I am a stupid girl. Mostly because it is like a big party. See, I was in 3 weddings one year (including my own) and attended 2 more that year. All were fun. I loved it when I was a bridesmaid, especially at Brandy’s wedding. That was the best. I felt like I had so much power over everyone. I could bark orders and they would listen. And I wasn’t even maid of honor! Despite the dress, Dani’s was fun. Dude, open bar, and no one I knew. I could act the fool and who would know? The last one I guess I went to was Andy’s at the wild animal park. Still, lots of fun, and I knew only one person, the groom! And I talked to him for all of maybe 15 minutes! It was still good. I like getting dolled up, and seriously, how cute would my boys look in little suits. Shoot, that is reason enough to go. So I am excited.

1 comment:

Potluck said...

So how was the night out??? I want a wedding to go to! Maybe you can sneak me in?