Friday, April 25, 2014

CARNIVAL!!!!!!!!!

4-25-14

Hello Friday!

The thing getting me to the end of today is the promise of Carnival this evening. I feel like I am the kid at the school. I love this whole carnival thing and seriously can hardly contain myself. Yesterday the booths were already being set up and it looks like a genuine carnival! It is an actual school event that I would have had as a kid and now my kids get to do it. My excitement is my fuel this morning.

Yesterday afternoon I had a lot of pent up energy. Not sure where it was coming from, but it left me restless. I ended up doing most of the chores for the boys simply because cleaning calms me. The house looks pretty damn good now! LOL! I told the boys that Saturday morning they would need to help me really clean the family room. Their desks drive me a little nuts, so perhaps we can come up with a way to organize them better. One of the big things I need is better book shelves down there. I may need to start looking for a good shelf for the spot where the piddly small shelf is. That would certainly help declutter that one section.

When I did finally sit for a bit I introduced Ken to the first episode of Orange is the New Black. The new season finally starts in June, so I thought I would rewatch the first season and have Ken watch it with me. He was concerned it was a little slow, but he is optimistic. First episodes are hard since you have some back story involved. I know the show gets even better, so I am happy he is watching it with me.

Ken was able to get out all of the debris from the back yard! Yay! Now we just have to work on the stuff on the side of the house. It is covered with a tarp and was put there when we were unsure of where it could go. I am hoping to start going through some of it maybe this weekend. It is possible some of it now has space in the garage or the sheds. Hell, some of it may end up in the trash. We are hoping to get the backyard summer ready. The pool needs room.

Sadly our renter backed out. Dammit! I just reactivated our listing. We have had other interest, but I need Ken to contact them when they call. I am no good at that part.


No comments: