Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring Cleaning

4-23-14

It’s funny how much wearing a scrunchie on my wrist makes me feel like I have a secret weapon.
I managed to not only clean up my desk area yesterday, but I also cleared out some (not all) of the junk drawer and the kitchen desk. Yay! It also didn’t take nearly as long as I expected. It was a lot of paperwork that needed to just be filed or tossed, and I am amused to say how much of it was tossable.

Poor Ken has a long day ahead of him. He has his normal Wednesday class, but he also has a new class that is in Santa Monica that doesn’t end until 4:30. This means he is on the 405 going to Torrance at 5 pm. Yuck. I joked with him that he would get home and practically walk back out the door for his soccer game at 9. Let’s hope this isn’t the case.

I made chicken noodle soup last night which is a lengthy process, even though I don’t have to do much during most of the time. I started it when I got home from work, allowing the broth and chicken to cook for a couple of hours before the noodles went in. Nummy!

Ok, I just tried a cup of coffee with amaretto creamer. Bleah.

The boys are starting to feel how tight an evening is. After homework we end up eating dinner (Bobby can sometimes take that long). After dinner, they have dishes and other various chores. It probably feels like they have no free time. I am considering having them switch off. Matt and I used to have dish nights where we were responsible for the dishes on alternating nights. On the opposite night the other kid could do all the pans. This might make the process quicker in general. If one of them is in the bathroom or still eating, the other now tends to dink around and doesn’t get started saying it isn’t fair to be working while the other is not. If they have their own chore, they wouldn’t have to wait. It might work well.

Ken also did a lot of work on the garage. He has cleared out so much space! He also cut up all of the debris in the backyard and is hoping to get most of it taken away tomorrow during trash day. Being on a corner allows us to cheat the system a bit. We can put our trash cans in 4 different spots for pickup. Ken will grab the cans after each time they pick up and refill and move them to the next spot which might be across the street. It is pretty funny, really. We are trying to get the back yard in order since the pool has arrived from Uncle Andy and it is starting to get hot enough out to start considering where it will go.

One of the things we need to consider before the pool goes up is putting down some sort of grass seed and watering the back yard. That dirt will not go well in the pool. Dax will not be happy since with the pool there and seed on the other part of the yard it means he will not have room for handball or kickball.

The red in my hair is turning pink. It is kind of fun, actually. I will most likely do a blond treatment in a couple weeks. I need to do three of them in order to make blue really show up. If there is some pink/red left it will only make the blue into a hint of purple which is not a bad thing.

I have been reading up on the flaxseed oil I started taking. It looks as though I should be taking upwards of 4000mg a day. I am going to increase my dose since I had only been taking 2000. I will take 2 at breakfast and 2 at lunch. I will be curious if I will feel any different in a few weeks. I also picked up some multi vitamins which has 100% of the folic acid a need daily including all the other good stuff. I think that taking these along with drinking all of my water will be a good thing. I know I don’t eat veggies or healthy foods so if I at least supplement my intake with these meds I will be better off.


No comments: