Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I am back to writing

4-15-14

I am back!

I have been feeling wrong each morning and it occurred to me that perhaps this is due to my lack of release. As much as these journal entries are nothing particularly mind blowing, they are my way to clear room in my head for more crap.

Yesterday I didn’t feel well, most likely the continuing epic period of death that I have been dealing with. Seriously, just because I didn’t have a cycle last month doesn’t mean they have to be a progressive jackpot. Thankfully I seem to be done and am feeling better this morning.

We picked up some vitamins and I am now making sure to take my multi-vitamin and flaxseed oil meds daily. I don’t know if they will do me any good, but I know they won’t harm me.

Ken put up new shelves in the garage yesterday, which prompted me to go through a couple of boxes. I tossed out a lot of things, including “awards” for a good month of collections for the department back when I was at Earthlink. What is really funny is that the amount collected by the entire department is about what I collect in a day now. Of course, the average cost of the bills per customer there was only $20 and here it is closer to $10K, but it is still funny to me.

Ken also put up my little cubbie shelf which makes me happy. I filled it with ducks, but I think I will be removing them and actually will have them reside on a shelf in the guest room with some of the other happy stuffed animals. I don’t want to over crowd things. In fact, my box of awesome skull knickknacks has been put back in the garage to be brought out during Halloween season. I am trying to actually decorate based on season! Yie! How grownup!

We picked up the carnival raffle tickets and purchased wrist bands for the carnival itself. Today the boys will be able to put tickets into each bucket they hope to win. They are much different prizes compared to the days of Halldale. Gone are the random baby packs that Bobby won or the cleaning set that Dax won. Yeah, those were the days. We did put in tickets for the 4 passes to Disneyland. Cross fingers!

I need to do some general clean up in the catio today. I would like the house to look nice for this weekend what with eggs being colored and hid at various points. Perhaps this week we can get the cat door installed. This would allow the catio to be closed off to eyes, but not cats.

There is also a basket outing ahead of me. The Easter baskets that the big bunny gets will not be elaborate since the boys have uncles that spoil them rotten. Andy got the boys baskets while we were at the Compound last week that were awesome and I know that Uncle Matt got them a special basket liner in the shape of an iPad Mini. Yeah, my chocolates don’t need to be impressive. LOL!

I finally was able to obtain a copy of a book I have been coveting for a few months now.  On the last day of my vacation, we went to the Torrance library branch by Steve and got cards for the boys and Ken. We also were able to find a copy in the computer of the book and one Dax wanted at the main branch, so we went over there. I am not surprised that the book isn’t what I had hoped for, but it is still an ok book. I am glad that I didn’t break down and purchase the book. I would have been quite upset. I am pretty sure that the library is close enough that I could walk to the library and back by the school to get the boys in time if I left when I got home from work. This pleased me greatly. Dax was also quite thrilled at the selection of Magic Treehouse books. Bobby did pick out a couple of books, but I know he isn’t nearly as enchanted as Dax and I. I am considering having him listen to a couple of books on audio since I know how much he enjoys listening to Ken read. I think that perhaps he would like hearing some books which still accomplishes the idea of stories and now video games.

I need two frames. I really want to frame the poster I got for the dining area, which will most likely take a standard frame I can get at Target. I also want to get this Brenan crest framed, which we got in Ireland and will probably need to be done by someone. I am enjoying making Steve look like grownups with a sense of whimsy live there.

Yay internet! I just renewed my driver’s license online. It means I will actually have a license with Steve’s address on it. I changed my address some time ago, but I was shocked that they never sent me anything indicating the change. I was pleased when I got my renewal notice in the mail since it did mean they had changed it, but it will be nice to have an actual picture ID with the right address. I found myself having to print out a gas bill for the library just to prove our address since our license’s didn’t have the right address yet.

I am trying to train Trixie to sit. She is shockingly receptive when I have food. It will make me laugh if she is this trainable. Of course, it does mean I should work on Lily more. I would like to take her to a class if just for puppy socialization. Luna is great for her, but only one dog.

Poor Luna had to have two ticks from up North removed from her yesterday. These were ones we missed. We pulled I think a total of 5 off of both pups combined. Bleah.

The floors at Eydie get sanded next week. We have to pull out the tools in the front room this week so they are out of the way. Woo hoo!


Ok, let’s see if I can keep doing these again.  

No comments: