Monday, April 21, 2014

Forgotten Homework

4-21-14

Another busy weekend behind me.

Ken spent much of Friday cleaning the house. I got home and joined in, making the place look pretty damn good. In reality, since we have moved in, the place has not been thrashed. It gets some clutter, but nothing extreme so cleaning up tends to be less stressful than it was at Eydie.

Saturday morning was egg coloring time. I was bummed when I realized that by throwing out all of the old craft stuff it meant I was lacking in any kind of fun decorating tools. It didn’t really matter since the boys were not exactly interested in the coloring. I wasn’t feeling particularly creative, either.  I am sure the boys were also distracted what with their Easter baskets from Uncle Matt. He presented them with their baskets on Saturday which had their awesome new toys. New iPad minis for them! Yay!

Our Saturday would not be spend just watching them play on the pads, though. We had passes to WonderCon thanks to Chris who hooks us up each year. It was a shame we were not prepared enough to have dressed up, but it was ok since it allowed us to look at lots of fun cosplay. My favorite was a girl dressed up as Uni-Kitty.

We wandered the con for a couple of hours. The Skeleanimal guy gave Dax a free deck of cards. I was amused when I discovered that the joker card was Dax. Hee hee! One of the booths was this artist with really fun paintings. I have fallen in love with one and hope to order it for the hallway.

Saturday night both the boys were overly tired. Dax broke down multiple times for random things. Bobby had similar problems. Thankfully they were small incidents and didn’t last too long. We ate dinner at Lazy Dog and had a lot of fun. Dax was clearly famished since he ordered a hamburger AND a pizza. He also ate both. It was crazy! It was witnessing how our lives will be with an athlete like him in family. I was pleased to discover that Lazy Dog has Angry Orchard on tap. Yeah, life is very good.

Easter/Zombie Jesus Day/4:20 started slowly. Mr. Dax and I were up early and we decided to let our night owls sleep in while we looked at the basket of goodies left by a certain bunny. Dax was so cute going through each item, laughing and enjoying everything he had received. It was a nice way to be able to bond with him.

Bobby was less enthused about the candy, but was equally adorable since he was so focused on his new technology acquisition. I couldn’t really fault my 9 year old for being more interested in playing video games and not being excited about a fictional rabbit with a sweet tooth.

My folks came over and Matt, Ken and my dad hid eggs. As it stands right now, there is still one missing. LOL! Matt doesn’t exactly keep track of where he puts the eggs. Thankfully they are just plastic and filled with jelly beans so it isn’t like it is a big deal. It is actually kind of funny for it to be lost in the house.
We went to Don Jose’s which instantly makes any day better. Yay chips and salsa. Seriously, is there any more perfect food?

After the food, we headed to Eydie to make sure nothing was on the wood floors. The sanding takes place this week. I felt a little nostalgic in the empty living room. I remembered each spot where everything from first steps to first impressions of the house took place. Although I love Steve and find myself getting happier with each day I am there, I will miss my first real home outside my parents’ house.

The afternoon was spent celebrating the Zombie and weed aspects of 4:20. We watched Zombieland while rocking a nice high. It was a pleasant afternoon to be able to just hang out. In some ways I should have been doing more. That being said, I know how crazy my schedule is for the next two months, which makes me think I should have relaxed even more.

This week should be mostly mellow until I get to Friday. That is when the school carnival is. We will most likely be there from like 4 till 9. We have a shift in one of the booths along with also doing cleanup. It will be a fun night, though. I am really looking forward to it.

Dammit! It just occurred to me that the boys didn’t draw a picture for today. It is Earth Week and they needed to draw a picture of how to better the earth. They will have time to do it this morning, but I need to text Ken when he is less asleep. Bobby also had some science questions he was supposed to do, so hopefully I can get word to my household in time for him to do those.


No comments: