Thursday, January 22, 2015

A break in the sick

1-22-15

Better but still wishing for some relief.

When I got home yesterday I found myself moving from room to room working on clean up. Next thing I knew, my house looked pretty damn good. Thankfully Ken had handled the majority of the laundry and the living room so I was able to mostly concentrate on the downstairs. In some ways I suppose that much activity for a sick person isn’t a good idea. This is the case with normal sick folk. Cleaning is apparently my spinach. I felt much better even after just a little bit of de-cluttering.

I had the house to myself until almost 4 since the boys had sculpting class. The crazy lady that I am was bored enough that I did a lot of their chores. And when I say a lot, you of course know I mean just about all. It just made me feel better overall, so what’s a girl to do?

Homework wasn’t too bad, although Dax was getting stuck on some math. He is hung up on division having remainders. He is convinced all of the problems he had would have a remainder, which in reality there was only going to be one or two. It makes for some tear filled moments when I had to step in to explain. Luckily he was mostly open to my suggestions which was unlike him. Because of the struggle (and some minor dinking around) he still had 2 more problems at my deadline for them. Bobby came to me quietly and asked me to grant Dax a little more time. It was very sweet. I went ahead and gave him an extra 15 minutes, even though he only needed maybe 5.

I got to write up the letter for Dax’s class and I sent some choice videos to Mr. Chin that will be shared today. I do love that even now I can threaten the boys with this one video I took while both of them were throwing this epic fit. I wish I could remember why they were so upset, but man, it was entertaining to watch them get more upset as I filmed their meltdown. Boy, I am a bad mom.

My folks brought over their old television so that we could set it up downstairs so the boys can play the Wii. I am all frustrated that I can’t figure out where to set it up. We would have to move a lot of things around in order to put it in the one place I considered. That being said, it may be time to do another toy purge in order to move things. The couch could go where the toys are and the tv would go on the wall by the bookshelf. Decisions, decisions.

Bobby is now one of the room reps for his class! We went to all that trouble to make his poster but it turned out that only 2 people were running. He still gives his speech tomorrow, but I am kind of glad he doesn’t have to worry about a vote. He was quite pleased about it, so yay!!

It looks like there is no travel team so the boys will be playing in Spring League. I am thinking that they may end up playing on a co-ed team, which in itself will be an interesting thing. I am actually quite excited since it means they will learn different things by playing with kids that are all at different levels. I will find out more on Saturday since I think that I am going to a meeting for Spring League at 10.

I am excited that I get to not only do lunch with Dax tomorrow, but Bobby as well! Dax is allowed to invite friends and he wanted Bobby there, which is super cute. I am thinking I may go get the sandwiches tonight so I don’t have to worry about them tomorrow. I told them I would pick up Subway for them, which they were quite thrilled about. It’s a shame Ken can’t make it but he already blew off class last week for whale watching so this time it’s my turn.


I wonder how much longer my NyQuil will hold on. I can tell it is still keeping the congestion at bay, but I also feel cracks in the wall. Perhaps it’s time for another cup of coffee. 

No comments: