Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Duck Purge

1-13-15

The sick is aggressive and has taken hold in my head.

I am super congested and achy. It is just a cold, but it isn’t fun, especially when I know the week will be long. I used some of the boys’ cold meds last night since we were out of Nyquil. It had a similar effect, but I know it wasn’t as good as grownup meds. I could totally use a nap right about now.
Despite feeling lousy yesterday, I managed to hit the gym at work and I took the pups for a brisk walk when I got home. I was hoping for some of that walking to help my headache, but sadly it didn’t.

Ken tried to set the kitchen on fire last night. He was trying to de-stale some potato chips in the oven. The temperature was much too high and he left them in too long when they caught fire. On the plus side, we know that the smoke alarms work quite well. The smoke filled much of the house, putting many of the cats into a tizzy. Lucy and Breezer especially were quite upset. It also put some distraction on homework time.

Bobby came home with his permission slip to run for room rep again. He really likes doing this, so I gladly signed off on it. We will make him a poster this weekend so he can put it up in his classroom. We will also need to work on his speech. I am proud of his interests in “politics” and that he doesn’t even seem to get too down when he loses.

We finally got the team party scheduled. Sunday is the day which is great because I feel this huge weight lifted from my shoulders.

Also, it has been confirmed Big Lou will in fact coach the travel team, which means the boys will be playing on his team instead of Spring League. This will mean practices each week and going to tournaments. I like that they will have good exercise and that they get to keep playing for Lou. Even Bobby was quite jazzed. Dax is antsy to start playing again. When I told him we had the soccer party on Sunday he was a little bummed it was just bowling and not soccer.

I still need to start work on another party. Bobby is turning double digits in a few weeks, which is crazy! I think he just wants to do another Minecraft party, which I am all for. I just want to get out invites so we can get it ready.

I purged myself of quite a few ducks! I went through about 3 smaller boxes of ducks and duck related items and put them all in a giant box that Stephanie and I carted over to Savers. It was rather freeing. I know that they were cute and wonderful, but since I have been in Steve, I know that I don’t want that kind of collection on display. I don’t want much up at all, really. I have my knick knacks up, but with the ducks, it would have required multiple shelves along with possible cabinets that I don’t really have a spot for. I kept the ones I loved, I took out a few that will be good for gifts, I even distributed a few already. I feel very good about my progress in de-cluttering my life.


No comments: