Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy 2015

1-12-15

Happy New Year!

Not to start this with a downer, but I really am starting to think my lack of enthusiasm for my work place is having negative effects on my health. Friday I stayed home due to some random, yet epic cramps and today I find myself all sniffly and dealing with cold-like symptoms. Mind you, even with all the work and chores I attended to over the weekend, I still felt great and chipper. I was even happy to deal with registration for Spring soccer. I need work vitamins.

It’s a true bummer my office isn’t like Don Draper’s since I could get used to drinking scotch in my office, even if I don’t enjoy scotch.

Soccer is the word this week what with two classes we are taking this week for management training for the region. Luckily it is broken up into two nights, both of which include dinner which means even less work for me. I also have some more work on the audit to attend to. The weekend also includes refereeing for Ken for the Area Playoffs, which is where he spent much of his time this past weekend. We also should be finding out if a travel team is being formed in which the boys would be a part of. If the team doesn’t form, they will instead be signed up for the Spring League, which is still going to be a lot of fun. The topper for all of this is the long awaited team party that should be taking place this Sunday. So much to do!

I started using the gym at work again. We have fancy new treadmills that are quite nice. I am quite fond of the little fans that are on them since it keeps me from crazy sweating. I am only doing 20 minutes since I wanted to get back into routine slowly. Today, I am going to go back to my routine in which I used to get home from work and would quickly change and do a walk. I have 2 and a half hours every afternoon when I get home from work in which I can do my walk and still get home in time to work on some chores. If I make the walk the priority, I think it will help a great deal.

I have some random and painful bruise on my leg that popped up yesterday. I am never surprised when I hurt myself. I mean, hell, last week I managed to severely burn my wrist when I accidently dumped boiling hot macaroni noodles on my wrist. Normally, though, I know what happened. On this bruise, I don’t remember getting it, which always concerns me.

Friday night, the boys are going to stay with Gramma and Poppy since Ken and I are seeing a midnight showing of Serenity. I know this is ambitious for me, what with the late screening, but luckily I can most likely nap much of Saturday.

Friday also is Dax’s whale watching trip, which I am hoping will be amazing. There have been an increase in whale sightings recently, so hopefully he sees some cool critters out there. Ken is going with him and I know Dax is super excited about doing this trip.


Now to make the most of my day and hopefully have it go by quickly. 

No comments: