Friday, January 30, 2015

Making Spring Cleaning my Bitch

1-30-15

Dude, it’s 8 am and my blog isn’t written???

I kicked some major spring cleaning ass yesterday. I did as I planned and went through my closet and dresser. One bag of trash, one bag to go to Savers. I didn't hit up the shoe section yet, but perhaps that can be next week’s cleaning adventure. I also still need to get some clear plastic bins for inside the closet so I can organize some things on the higher shelves.

Once I was done with that, I hit up the boys’ desks. I about lost it when I found a giant sticky spot on Dax’s desk from a discarded otter pop wrapper. It cemented that it was my next task at hand. I tossed a ton of trash and paper work and gathered a lot of small toys. I then scrubbed the desks and dug out all the fallen debris under the desks. It resulted in books being put away on the shelf and trash put a bag and in the end, nice and clean desk space. I topped it off with some vacuuming and voila! My groovy gaming lounge already looks so much better.

Once homework was done, Stephanie and I took the kids up to the park. Dax pitched a fit because no one wanted to play actual soccer with him. Luckily Sabrina humored him and at least took shots on him. The park was quite busy, as normal, and sadly a lot of the busy was in the form of annoying bugs that kept attacking me. I don’t know that I was bitten, but I spent a lot of time swatting them off my arms. I suppose that’s my fault that I wore a tank top.

I ended up reading some spoilers for tonight’s Parenthood, but I am OK with this because I really did already know what would happen just based on this season. I won’t spoil it since I know not everyone who might read this is up to date. Either way, I am looking forward to saying goodbye to the Braverman clan this afternoon. I could always wait until Ken and the boys get home since it is always entertaining to them to watch me cry over fictional characters, but I think I will opt to savor this one on my own.

I was pleasantly surprised at the slight rainfall this morning. I hope it stays this dreary all day since it will make for a nice and cozy Friday night. I will let the boys and Ken play their video games and perhaps I will curl up with a movie. Maybe I will curl up with one of my many books and hang out in the lounge with my little family.

Ok, I have already polished off a gallon of water and two cups of coffee. I am amped this morning. I need more water what with the expected loss of fluids in a few hours.

I think Sunday during the Super Bowl I need to find something good to go do. Not being football fans make Sunday our play day. I have tossed around the idea of starting to have anti-super bowl parties. I know Jerry and Nicole were on board. Perhaps next year when things are so chaotic around the house. Ken also has some referee duties all weekend so a full day plan is out.


Ok, now to make the rest of the work day fly by!

No comments: