Tuesday, February 2, 2010

disney and dogs

2-2-10

I am sleepy!!! I am getting rather tired of being tired. I know why I am tired. I am just not getting enough sleep. Last night I didn’t get to bed until around 9:30. It isn’t that bad, I suppose, since I still get 7 hours, but I also couldn’t get comfortable again so that 7 hours wasn’t restful.

Last night we went to the Lego store at Downtown Disney. We told the boys if they behaved that they could go into Disneyland itself. They were both great, even playing with foam Lego swords with one of the super chipper Lego store employees. So we hopped on the Monorail and headed inside.

We didn’t stay long, only going on 2 rides. We did Buzz Lightyear and Autopia. Autopia was entertaining since Dax was the one driving. That kid was having so much fun, especially each time we whipped back and forth and he turned the steering wheel. I pushed the pedals since he can’t quite reach them. Even though the line for that was 30 minutes, the park was not too crowded overall. The line for Buzz was only 5 minutes.

After the rides, we got back on the monorail and headed back to the Lego store for Ken to pick up the items he needed. We got home later than they would normally go to bed, but it was ok since aside from a smidge of whining, they went to bed and conked out almost immediately.

I feel bad since I had forgotten to let Lycos into Bobby’s room. She randomly went into Bobby’s room yesterday afternoon and decided she was going to sleep in there. We didn’t mind, and Bobby was thrilled. But since we got home so late last night, and the dogs were still outside, I had not let them in yet when they went to bed. Tonight we will see what Lycos does. Since she has gotten older, she has just kind of randomly decided places are comfortable, and really, she isn’t hurting anything, so we let her. Heck, she sleeps in her basket now, not her crate at night. Truly, I don’t mind where she goes in our house, as long as she doesn’t eat cat poop or trash.

Luna did quite good last night. She had gone to her crate (she has decided her crate is awesome) for bed time and I latched the door. I must not have done it right, since at about 3 this morning I heard an animal drinking from her water dish which is by her basket. I could hear the tag clinking on the metal, which could have been any of them, but the speed and voracity of the lapping, I determined it must have been canine. Since I didn’t hear anything else, such as chasing of cats or other problems, I didn’t bother checking.

When I got up and came out to the living room after my shower, I noticed her crate door wide open. I knew this meant she was the loud drinker. I immediately started looking for her around the house, assuming she would be either by the dog food or maybe the kitchen. Instead, I found her curled up happily in her crate. So she had come out, got a drink, and then went back to bed. I would imagine she licked up some crumbs on the way back, but overall, she stayed out of trouble! Not saying the crate stays open yet, but she is well on her way to getting some freedom.

Ultimately, if the dogs both just slept in their baskets at night, then all would be perfect. The problem with Luna’s “basket” is that it isn’t a basket. It is a cardboard box. I would like her to have an actual basket or even just a dog bed, but we have been unable to locate an inexpensive solution. Plus, as morbid as this sounds, it is one of those things where you are worried about investing in a new basket since it might jinx the other dog’s life span. As soon as you shell out $80 for a new basket, a perfectly good basket you own will suddenly be vacant.

My heater is just not cutting it this morning. I am freezing! Of course, when I am this cold, it is a sign that I am tired.

I did a 40 minute workout yesterday instead of 30. It went well! I was tired after, but I think I can handle the 40 minutes now. It does mean as soon as I am done I pretty much run across the street to get the boys, but it should be ok.

Seriously, if come Friday night I am still this tired, I may just propose that Ken and I go to bed right after I drop the kids off with my folks.

It is supposed to rain this weekend. Love me some rain, but I wonder if that will be a problem going to Disneyland on Sunday. It would make for the best Disneyland conditions ever. The only thing better would be if it was Tuesday. But a rainy Super Bowl Sunday is good. I just worry the kids will not be as thrilled about being wet.

Seriously, this is crazy. I feel like I have been up for 3 days straight. If I blink for too long, I am concerned I won’t open my eyes again because I will be asleep. How could my eyes be this heavy when I am working, moving around and pretty active? I have been stopping just short of splashing cold water on my face!

I got a little Hormel cheap pasta bowl for lunch that had low calories and only took like 90 seconds to heat up. I am quite disappointed in it. I have had the turkey and gravy one which was quite tasty, but the sauce on this is not very good. It isn’t gross or anything, just not something I would choose to eat again. Oh well. Can’t win them all, right?

No comments: