Thursday, February 4, 2010

Woo hoo tonight

2-4-10

Today is the day!!! YAY! The writing seminar is tonight and I can’t wait! It is from 8 to 9:30, which isn’t super long, but I am sure it will be packed with information. Brandy is coming to my house at 6 so we can head out. So excited. Strangely nervous. I don’t know what that is about. LOL!

Man, I have a lot to do in the next week. When I get home today I need to get everything prepped from cleaning out some of my car to just making sure the boys are fed and set for my leaving tonight. Tomorrow when I get home I have to gather the “friends” for the boys, get their name tags on (my mom has some trouble remembering their names, so I made little name tag labels for all of them so that she would know them all), get blankets, pillows, jammies, clothing, the cake (the boys think that this adventure spending then night is a party so I made them a cake to take), and other various overnight stuff. This weekend I have laundry, cleaning, and over the next few days, getting ready for our trip to the compound! WOW!

News on Bobby’s party. It is now on Feb 27th. I am thinking of doing it around 10:30. We are going to get a bouncer. We are going to get pizza. And get this, we are going to invite his little friends from daycare. Yes, this is my first foray into having a bunch of random kids at my house! I am nervous and excited at the same time. Thank goodness Ken is well versed in kid’s birthday parties. He is going to help me organize. He said we can easily tell the parents they can totally stay at the party. We are going to make sure there are things like beer and grownup stuff as well. I think if we say it is only from like 10:30 to 1:30, that is a long enough party. I want to do some games, as does Bobby. We went and scoped out Albertsons for cakes, and they were basic. The one he wanted was basic, with just a Darth Vader figure and Luke figure. Ken and I talked and the plan now is to get a Costco cake, and put a bunch of Star Wars Lego figures on it. I get to make goody bags, too! Should be terrifying and exciting and awesome! It does mean I need to send out invites this week. That way Bobby can hand them out at daycare. Woo hoo!

Based on how tired I know I am going to be tomorrow, I think that Ken and I are electing to stay home tomorrow night. Sure, it seems like a waste to not take advantage of going out time. Then again, it is a waste to not take advantage of staying in time. LOL! I believe we get two movies tomorrow from Netflix, so it will be good to just watch movies. One of the big things we wanted to do in terms of going out to eat was Mexican food since even though the boys are dabbling in it a bit, they are not as gung ho as we are. What I am thinking is we need to pick up some chips and salsa from Cozymel’s and then maybe some food, that way we can have good food, good movies, and wonderful hanging out time. Ooh! And it is supposed to rain, too! What a great night!

I looked up on the net some information on sensitive 5 year olds, and it seems pretty common. One post even described Bobby perfectly, right down to the recent death talks. The advice given by doctors and other parents dealing with it all seemed to indicate that it is age specific. They said school helps, and things like teams or outside activities. This means soccer is going to be hopefully great for him. I was encouraged by the steps we have already taken and that we are not handling it poorly. Hopefully this year will really help him gain some confidence and he will really come out of his shell.

Do little kids wear birthday hats? I need to get balloons! Music? Birthday sign? I need a veggie platter, too. Oh my goodness, so much to plan!! I wonder how fancy the goody bags need to be. Should I get a piñata? They have ones that are Darth Vader’s head. Well, and if you do that, the stick you beat him with totally needs to be a light saber.

I had funky dreams again last night. At one point, I was back in my dream Vegas. I also then went to my parents house and went into the garage to find that there were like 30 kittens. I had to try to gather them all, including one that was dubbed a “micro kitten” that was about the size of my thumb. No joke. It looked like it was a 8 week old kitten, just tiny. I kept putting them into boxes and they kept jumping out. It was frustrating. I lost the micro kitten and was frustrated that I couldn’t find him. It seemed like there were many people there with me, and no one was helping. Then Carol Braskin was there with Ken and they were going over the books for Ken’s shop. This is where it gets kind of funny. She asks me about the flu I had a couple weeks ago. Then she tells me that she doesn’t think I really had the flu. She said I had some kind of VD, similar to one that Wynona Rider had. I assured her that it was a flu since many people got it. Dude, what the hell???

I have been very good about not picking my fingers the last couple weeks. So good that you actually can see the difference. Ken told me they look so much better! We wondered if perhaps the Effexor was helping in that nasty habit. Possible. But I think there is more to it. One, I started painting my nails. That is a sure way to keep me from picking. You don’t want to mess up your fingers when they have color on them. Two, I have a new bad habit. I have been chewing on the insides of my cheeks. I do this from time to time, sometimes worse than other times. A lot of that is curbed when I am chewing gum, but when I am not chewing on gum, I am chewing on my cheek. Not cool. I think that I am just one of those people with funky ticks and nervous habits that I can’t help. You should see my left pinky finger. From time to time I have to straighten it out and kind of move it away from my hand. I don’t know what it is, nor do I seem to be able to really stop it without feeling antsy. I wonder if in a few weeks when this Effexor takes effect if that is the kind of thing that will start to go away.

Wow, in a strange burst of energy, I have been kicking ass on my accounts this morning. I have been calling people, faxing, emailing, just crazy communication wave!

No comments: