Wednesday, February 17, 2010

fog

2-17-10

It might be nothing. It might be the recent hair coloring adventures I have had. It may be a rare side effect possible with Effexor users. I don’t know what is causing it, but I have noticed a significant increase in the amount of hair I am losing. When I take my shower, and I run my hands through my hair to squeeze out the water and conditioner, I find myself with a handful of hair. I would say when I do it, there are about a dozen strands. Maybe my hair caught wind of the colors I have chosen and they are evacuating.

I have a busy day ahead of me as I have a huge account issue to work on. I am not exactly looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. I am hoping to get it done quickly.

I am also so incredibly exhausted I can hardly think. I honestly am shocked I made it to work as I wonder if I perhaps was driving while asleep. I went to bed before 9, but I am still beat. I am wondering if I have the cold Dax has.

Poor Dax. I was messing around with JibJab yesterday and made a couple of silly videos with the boys and Ken and I. The one of Ken and I is us ice skating. Dax is skiing. Bobby is eaten by a B movie monster. Bobby laughed when I showed him, Dax and my dad. Dax, however, got very quiet. He wandered out of the room, hands in his pockets and just seemed off. My dad asked him what was wrong and he said, “Just noffing” but it wasn’t convincing. I called him over to me, where he buried his head in my neck and burst into tears. Poor kid actually found the image of Bobby being eaten by a monster to be horrifying. What a rotten mom I am! It took him most of our visit to calm down. He was basically just draping himself on me. He finally cheered up when my dad got him some Apple Juice. He had felt a little warm. My mom noticed that, too, and he just looked exhausted. Ken said he was like that in the morning. He went to bed pretty quickly, so I hope that he gets some sleep to get over this.

I had a very emotional night last night. It started with the wonderful Valentine’s Day card my brother, Doug sent me. It was so very sweet!! I was also excited when I found out he send a card to my folks! YAY! He also sent them to the boys and Matt. All kinds of good.

Then, I made the mistake of watching the Olympics with Ken. Damn you, Olympics and all the advertisers that make special commercials for them. I watched a P&G commercial that had me tearing up. Then I watched a Visa one that I actually gasped and about freaked out. I had tissue on the ready all evening.

My internet seems to be unblocked due to some recent upgrades they are working on. I have been good and have not messed around on there too much in case it is some kind of elaborate trap. I somehow doubt it, but one can never be too sure.

I have woken up considerably since this morning. I think that some good old fashioned thinking did the trick. When I really have to do honest to goodness work, it tends to inspire me.

Ken may be taking Bobby with him to his science class this afternoon. We had found a bug lady (yes, you read that correct) while we were at a home show visiting with Dani a few months back. She goes from school to school, showing kids different bugs and things like that. So Ken hired her for another class at one of his schools. He thought that Bobby would enjoy it, so it will just be Dax and I this afternoon. I want to find something fun for us to do. Although, we may just go to Target together.

Bobby also may be going with Ken tomorrow to see Avatar again. Ken doesn’t have classes tomorrow since the spoiled community of Manhattan Beach actually has a Ski Week. He thought it would be good to go see the movie again (I don’t understand the appeal), and since Bobby really liked it, he would take him along. I like the father son bonding.

I get to have my own day of fun with Bobby on Monday since he has a doctor’s appt that morning. I think I will be calling out sick and maybe spending the day with him. I think that Ken is coming with us to the appt, but I also think he may have a class. Of course, Bobby may elect to go to class with Ken, at which point I have to decide if I want to just go home and have me time or go back to work. Hmmm…

No comments: