Thursday, February 18, 2010

feeling much better

2-18-10

My exhaustion is getting tiring.

Yesterday I flaked on my exercise because of exactly how wiped out I felt. Based on how Dax had been feeling, I assume I have been fighting a similar cold. I have felt hot even though Ken said I was clammy. I did end up relaxing (gasp!) and watched one of the Celebrity Sex Rehab shows, which is one of my guilty pleasures. It felt good to not stress.

It was just Dax and I since Ken had Bobby at his science class. Dax and I played some Toy Story on the Wii and he then went outside to play while I made dinner. It was super pleasant.

Bobby sounded so excited about his science class experience. He got to make this paper crab and brought home “ocean water” which was just blue Gatorade. LOL! I think that Ken may need to take him to every class. It will be a fun outing, plus, it gets him used to some more class time. It also lets Dax and I have some one on one time.

I gave up on many of my Facebook games. After having no net for a few days last week, and then going on vacation where I wasn’t on the net much for 3 days, I think the initial withdrawals subsided and I found myself feeling like they are just too much work. I will still maintain the one game, Farmville, only because it still has some fun for me. Of course, while I was dinking around last night while Ken and the boys were video chatting with Grandma and Grandpa, I wandered into Yoville and ended up being able to chat with Holly. We had a lot of fun, going from house to house, sitting in the living rooms, going to the diner, all the while chatting. It was pretty funny. We can all go to virtual dinner! LOL!! I may have to check in on that from time to time. Either that, or at least clean my houses up so we have a nice place to visit at.

I had funky dreams last night that included a Glee sequence complete with the head teacher (who let me sit on his lap and sang to me!). It also had a part in which Ken and I were leaving a pawn shop that also rented cars and we came across the Dread Pirate Roberts driving a station wagon. When we looked at him, he shrugged with this, “look, I have to get around somehow” look. LOL!

Of course, I think my hair is now a little scared about my cut. This morning it looks fab and it may be trying to tell me to not chop it all off. I won’t be fooled since it also seemed to be a bitch to comb out this morning. The one thing I will miss from having longer hair is that right now I can tie my hair up into a bun without using a hair tie. That to me is pretty damn cool. Even so, I am jonzing to go get my new style!

I am a little nervous about Bobby’s party. None of his daycare friends have RSVPed! Of course, I know that many people don’t have manners and they don’t RSVP when asked, so I will prep for them being there. I also need to get the bounce house!! I don’t know how far in advance we need to reserve one. The good news is it doesn’t need to be a specific theme. It would be cool if I could find Star Wars, but not crucial. This weekend I am going shopping for the goody bags and other decorations. I don’t need to do Costco until next week on Thursday. So far I have my folks coming, Brandy, Alyssa and her family, and Chris. I need to invite Grammie, but since we are going out to her place the next day, I don’t think she would come, but it is nice to invite. I made the Facebook event, which cracked me up that I was able to do that. And not to say that I don’t want any of those people to come, I just really really really really really really hope that at least one kid from daycare shows. I know how much it would mean to Bobby.

My net at work has been temporarily unblocked. We used to only get 30 minutes of time on specific sites like Facebook and Twitter, but even when it was open, there were still lots of sites off limits. Recently, though, they were upgrading our servers in order to accommodate some new features we are going to be using. I have even heard rumor that we would be using some form of Gmail for our work mail, which could be interesting. We are soon to get an internal chatting program, complete with web cams, which means no more bad hair days for me! I am not going to get used to having full access again, and I have mostly resisted the urge to go wild. This morning, however, I did go on Twitter twice, and I posted a little piece on Kevin Smith on both my Facebook page and my secondary blog page. Will I get in trouble for this? Possibly. Of course, I only took all of 5 minutes and my understanding is that for the most part no one cares as long as you don’t abuse the net too much. But rules change a lot around here, so let’s hope I didn’t piss off the wrong person.

Jenni has suggested I hit up one of the beauty schools for my cut and color. This might be an excellent idea since it will cost me gobs less. I of course worry they will fuck it up, but really, I don’t think they put people out on the floor who can’t handle it. I think one of my errands this weekend will be to go check out some places to see about pricing and how long it will all take. I know of two local beauty schools, so I will check with them, too.

I love it that my boss called in to say he was running late and wouldn’t be in until 9. Mind you, this man often doesn’t roll in until 9, so I am not sure how he feels that this is the time to call in.

I need a new ball for one of my earrings. I also need a new earring. One of them is smaller than the others. Of course, only I notice these things. These earrings have been in longer than I can remember which is a long time. I wonder if it would feel odd to not have them anymore. Not that I want to get rid of them. They are so who I am!

It worries me when I feel this chipper. Like who is going to piss me off?

You know, I actually printed out the application for next season’s Biggest Loser. No joke. Ralph mentioned on the show biz beat that they were casting for this next season. So I figured I would check it out. It is a year’s commitment, with only a $250K payout if I win. Of course, I don’t even know that I would be chosen. Either way, I could not support my family if I wasn’t working for a year. It would be cool to have that kind of help to lose weight. Plus, I am so freaking competitive, I might actually do pretty damn well. Then again, they might force me to eat some kind of veggies, so that might be bad. LOL! Either way, I think it would be fun, but I don’t think I am in a position to try since if I made it, I don’t know that I could do it.

One of the questions the application asks, though, is what do your friends say your best qualities are and what are your worst. I don’t actually know the answer to these. Sure, I know things they like and dislike, but the worst and best? Not sure. So speak up folks, so maybe I can fill it out just for the hell of it.

No comments: