Friday, February 26, 2010

Tomorrow's the day!

2-26-10


Never under estimate the influence you have on others around you. Everything from little gestures to the way you talk to just being there are all things that even though may seem trivial to you, are in fact very important to others.

My kids crack me up. On the way home from Costco last night, Bobby starts telling me how much he loves me. He says I am beautiful and that he loves me so much and wishes that he could even go to work with me all day. It is all very mushy and sweet, and he and I are having this conversation when Dax then, in his best old man voice (he really is Carl from Up) “Ok, that’s enough.” LOL!!!!!!

I am getting very stressed about tomorrow. The house still needs some finishing touches this evening, and I have some decorating to do. And if all of this isn’t a big deal, it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I am not happy. I just looked at the hourly forecast and it has it raining all fucking day tomorrow. Uncool. I wonder if we should cancel the bounce house. Ken put up a tarp tent type thing and technically, the bouncer is fine in the rain, but still, uncool. We got the cake and food last night. I will make goody bags tonight. I will have to get up early tomorrow to be ready.

Last night was actually a night where no dogs, kids or cats woke me up. There was no covers stolen. There were no rude awakenings concerning needing to pee or to get a drink. It was pleasant. Of course, I may have been in a Xanax coma. My stress last night got me to the point of thinking I was having a heart attack, so I took a pill. Yay sleep!

CRAP! I forgot my earrings today. I feel naked. When my hardware is missing I feel like I have a couple of screws loose.

Ok, whole day got crazy. It seems that a few fires are set and I am the only fire fighter within a 50 mile radius. LOL! Not a big deal, more funny than anything. It just means that my day is flying by.

And on a great note! I won!! KROQ has been giving out tickets to this paley fest which is the museum of television history that has these nights each year where they feature a night for one show. So they have the creator, actors, writers, etc that all come and talk about the show, answer questions, and they often show episodes that have not aired yet. So the night was Glee. Well, I am a self professed Gleek and I am damn proud of it. The question as what super different show did the creator also do, which I knew the answer instantly. I called, and I was shocked when it rang and they answered and I got to tell them it was Nip/Tuck. YAY! So I was one of 5 winners. The night is March 13th, which works out wonderfully since it is a Saturday night so I am going to hit up my folks to watch the boys that night. I am so freaking excited I can hardly contain it! WOO HOO!

It also is always good when my man Kevin Smith is on the radio, which he was only a few minutes ago. WOO HOO!!

No comments: