Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A whole lotta nothing

2-3-10

I am wearing the wrong bra for this shirt. It is uncomfortable.

Dax picked out the shirt for today. I was in my closet looking for clothes and he asked me what I was up to. Then he pointed out this shirt and told me to wear it today. He followed this order up with, “because it is so pretty!” Could he be cuter?

I painted my nails this morning at my desk. Now I am being all cautious with what I do and I realize that it was not my best decision.

I am concerned that Bobby is having too many breakdowns. Yesterday he was in tears because my mom didn’t have out the giant puzzle ball she had. She had hidden it so that he wouldn’t burst into tears when it was time to go home. Plus, when Bobby was getting frustrated with it, he would breakdown crying. He normally comes back pretty quick, but the melting could be a problem in school. I wish I knew how to combat it.

I think I slept better last night. I am still so very tired, though. Not good since my old evil annoying account is back in force today. This is the spaz that actually billed us $7K because he didn’t like to have to reconcile his own account. The sales rep for his account wants to continue business with him. My boss, in an odd show of balls, actually told him no. This of course was yesterday, and now there is a fight to see if the sales rep will win and get the account reinstated. Mind you, the $1800 he owes still has not been resolved. I know how my boss is. I have a feeling he is going to make me go over way more on this than we should and he will end up buckling. Luckily, I was proactive and did a spreadsheet last week on every single transaction on the account. This means that all of these documents can be sent to this a-hole and the sale rep and he will need to then adjust his books accordingly. Either way, I know I am in for multiple meetings, conference calls and emails galore regarding this.

I am having way too much fun with the bandannas I found. I had purchased a few dozen cool bandannas back right after Bobby was born and I had cut off all my hair. When we were cleaning Ken’s closet, they were rediscovered. I instantly put one on each of the dogs. Lycos was sporting a pretty blue tie dye, and Luna had the purple tie dye. Luna, being a crazy puppy, already got hers dirty. So when I bathed her the other night, I put on a red one. She looks so cute! Because I am super lame, I think I may need to bring a handful of them up to the compound with us so I can “dress” her each day. She is my new doll. LOL!

I thought this was kind of fun. When I moved out of my parent’s house, they of course converted my old room into this uber pretty guest room. I stayed in there for a little while when I moved back for a spell, but I was soon kicked out of that room because it was too nice for a slob like me. No joke. Well, we were talking about where the boys were going to sleep on Friday and my mom mentioned that they were going to reconvert the guest room into something more kid friendly. She was talking about getting rid of the bed, getting a couple of inflatable beds so that the boys could sleep in there when they stay. They wouldn’t necessarily change the wall paper or anything, but basically make it more open, move the toys in there, and make it the play room/kids’ room. I half expect my parents to do this by Friday. No joke. That is how they roll. It should be interesting to see how this progresses.

I wonder how much it costs to go get color at a salon. I am very tempted to actually go have this done. I would like to make my hair even again, and get the exact color I want, and I think it would be best done by a professional. It might also be fun to go get pampered. Of course, I wonder if I should wait and go get my hair colored by a salon when I get the cut I want. I think I can easily wait for that. My plan at this point is to get it done in April. I have to have it long through our anniversary since I know Ken likes my hair long better. That is in 2 months. It will be here before you know it!

Wow, I just looked up Easter, and it is the same weekend as our anniversary. My parents are going to Mexico that week. I wonder if we should plan some kind of interesting Easter. Or do we just do eggs in the back yard? I may be getting ahead of myself. Like that is new.

Bobby would like to go to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday, which I think might be a lot of fun. I think that the Saturday before, which is the 20th, we will need to go. I have to see how much it will cost. I don’t know how many people would come. I also would like to scope it out a little more to see which one would be best. Ken looked at the one in Carson. I just worry that there is not enough there for them to do, and as silly as this sounds, I wonder if it wouldn’t just be easier to do it at McDonald’s. They love that place, and we could easily set up a “party” there. Of course, what would be easiest is just getting a bunch of pizza, clean up the back yard a touch, and maybe even renting one of those kick ass bouncers. That would cost the same as going to any of these places, and it would be so much more casual. I could easily come up with fun stuff to do. Hmmm…perhaps that is an idea. I need to do some pricing.

Ok, just found one that is $220 that has a slide, bounce part, and basket ball hoops in it. I found a transformers one for less than $200 a day! Ok, seriously, this one is a castle, 3 in 1 that has bounce, slide and something else, for $160 a day. That is nothing! Ok, it is a lot, but when you get down to it, not bad! I am so game!

Bouncer in back yard. Cool. Costco Pizza. Easy. Rockin cake? Still have to go pick out. Maybe this evening we need to go to Albertsons.

Is it sad that aside from daycare kids and Sabrina, the boys have no other real friends? They don’t have any local cousins. We don’t have a lot of friends with kids that are local. I know this will all change in a few months once Bobby gets in school. There will be play dates and kids in and out of my house constantly. But I feel bad right now since I don’t really know who to invite to Bobby’s party.

Ken gets home later tonight, closer to 5. I am thinking that perhaps the boys and I will then hit up Albertsons when I pick them up from daycare.

I did my 40 minutes yesterday. And this wasn’t wussy 40 minutes. Normally I do some yoga and strength training. About 10 minutes worth of that stuff. But since I wanted to get through the workout quicker, I decided to do all power stuff. See, things like my lunge stuff is only worth 2 minutes of workout time. So between picking all those exercises and the time it takes to do them, 10 minutes is really 15. I wanted to do it all at once. So I did my step/dance one 4 times in a row. This is 20 minutes, that takes 21 minutes. It works up a sweat. I thought I would mix it up and do boxing. There are three levels. Basic, advanced and expert. I am great at basic. Advanced is a little frustrating, but doable. I discovered the expert is 10 minutes. Yay! This would be awesome since it would be a full 10 minutes. Holy fuck, was it hard. No joke. I was dying. I cursed a lot at the screen. I kept getting mixed up on the routines. And when I got them right, they were not easy. By the time I was done, I seriously considered stopping. But then I found out that even though it says 10 minutes, it gives you like 14 worth of workout. So this meant I only needed 6 more to complete my 40. I was motivated and found some items to get me complete. I am sore today. A good sore, but sore.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow night. It will be an interesting evening. Joel Stein is so great, and I just hope that he is as interesting as I want him to be. LOL! I should probably do some research on the other speaker. I know 2 out of the 3. I am just so excited!! I wonder if I should make up business cards with my secondary blog on them so I could show people what I have written. Probably would not hurt. I wonder how many people will be there. I wonder what the setting is like.

Do people not understand how time works? Seriously. We sent out statements dated 1-22. They were probably mailed on the 24th. Clearly a bunch of my customers got them in the last few days based on the gobs of calls. All of them have been, “I got my statement today but I paid those invoices.” When I would ask when they paid them, all of them responded with pay dates from 1-20 to 2-1. Did any of them bother to consider to check the date of the statement? Did any of them check the post mark? Or just use some fucking common sense in the idea that if they mailed the check yesterday and got the statement today through US mail that it is quite likely the payment was not received before the statement generated. Sheesh.

I have had too much time to be in my head this morning. I once again had some wacky dreams last night. I can’t remember much of them, which is frustrating for me since how does one decipher them if you can’t recall the details? I do know that I was confused in the dreams. So on top of feeling all off from dreams, I have been listening to music and you know how sometimes songs mess with ya. Jack Johnson from Curious George comes on, and I get all nostalgic about my boys being smaller. Thank goodness, ABBA came on, so it helps snap me out of weepy.

No comments: