Thursday, February 21, 2013

Battle Day is Upon Us


2-21-13

Today I go into battle.

I keep having to tell myself that I am not overreacting. I am going over in my head every single piece of homework he has to do, and I know in my heart that it is too dang much. Even if you just look at the sentences, you know it is too much. 15 sentences for many people would take at least 20 minutes, and yet this is all the time they are supposed to take a night. It is too much. I don’t know why I keep questioning this. I know I worry about being a spaz of a mom. I also hate actual confrontation. It scares me. As long as I stay strong and know that I am right, then I should be ok.

Sadly, it doesn’t help that Bobby got a notice yesterday indicating he wasn’t doing well on some kind of writing ideas thing. Seriously, I don’t even know what this meant. I honestly don’t care anymore about his grades. It is second grade. Fuck her and fuck this school.

I am already defensive. Hackles are up and I am feeling feisty. I am not sure if this will be good or bad, but either way, I am ready. Ken is going with me, which is a good thing. He is better under this kind of pressure. As long as I treat this like a work thing, I will also do better.

Speaking of work, there was a super sad announcement yesterday. One of my coworkers in the upstairs accounting department passed away on Tuesday. I had not known him super well. He always seemed to be pretty cool. He was a little aloof but I liked his no nonsense approach once that I saw him display in a meeting. He seemed like a good guy. He had apparently been ill for a couple months, and they didn’t know what was going on. He was about to take some time off to do more tests to figure it out. He was in the office on Tuesday, filling out paperwork for his leave and he passed away suddenly that night when his kidneys and liver failed. Super sad all around.
This is Tom at Halloween a couple years ago

On to happier things. I managed to clean the piss out of the kitchen last night while I helped the boys with homework and made my chicken noodle soup. At one point, right after I had finished scrubbing, I did prance around the kitchen while humming the Rocky theme. Bobby was pretty amused.

Aside from battle this afternoon, we are hopefully getting even more of the house in order. I don’t know if Ken has spoken to our neighbors about the bounce house, but if he hasn’t today, he will need to order one from our normal place. I don’t like waiting till the last minute.

Ken also will speaking to the financial lady with our realtor today. Apparently the house we are looking at will only do open house showings if we have been pre-approved for a loan. I guess the owner has some kind of illness. I am wondering if this means it needs to be a quick sale? Not sure what the deal is, but I am now nervous across the board. I know there will be other houses, but this one seems pretty cool.

I was all kinds of proud yesterday that I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at work. It felt good. It also helped that I am really enjoying the show I am watching now. I think that I am going to try for 30 minutes again today. I honestly don’t think anyone notices when I am gone. LOL! Plus, it will good for me to work out more of my anxiety about today. I am going to resist the urge to take a Xanax before the meeting because I want to be sharp.

No comments: