Tuesday, February 19, 2013

house


2-19-13

I had not planned on writing but I have changed my mind.

Apparently being out one day makes for a lot of catch up. The good news is that I am now caught up. This means that I now have some time to ramble on.

It was a very shoptastic weekend. We were able to find the most perfect drawers for our entertainment shelving at Ikea. They had soft boxes that look like old trunks that we got in their kids’ section. They are good sized and provide the whimsy our house has in spades.

We also picked up some other items including a wonderful duckie print reminiscent of Warhol. In addition to this, our house now is filled with scented candles galore so that come Saturday when people are in our home it doesn’t smell like cat ass.

Ken will hit up Costco today to hopefully stock for the food portion of the party. Of course, we will also be ordering some pizza, but that won’t happen until that day.

The rest of the weekend allowed us to get gobs of laundry done. It also gave us the opportunity to clean the crap out of the boys’ room which was getting pretty funky. Boys are stinky little buggers. Thankfully it wasn’t any one stinky item that caused it. It turned out the vent we have in there had gotten turned off.

Bobby and I worked hard on his homework, including his biography. Yesterday we completed probably about half of his homework for this week. In all fairness, I did do some of it myself. He did a lot of work, too, but for now, I refuse to let him fail. Until our meeting on Thursday, he still has homework, so I will help him in whatever way I can. His biography looks freaking awesome. He told me where to put the pictures and we even added some inside the actual copy. Bobby then tells me at least 10 kids have not even been given their report boards because they were not ready. In addition to this, there is now a contest that is through all the 2nd grade classes in which the best 2 of each class will get to present theirs in front of the school. I asked Bobby if this sounded cool to him, to which he responded, “I am certainly not looking forward to that.” I love that kid.

As much as I love the rain, I have to admit I am a little bummed that it will likely ruin our walk this evening. I have truly enjoyed these family walks. It is a little bit more exercise for me which makes me happy. I may just get bundled up and go with just Luna so I can get it in anyway.

I got prematurely excited. We had rode up to get my blood work done on Saturday and I read what I thought were the results. Sadly, they were not the most recent, so now I am stressing that I am not doing as well as I thought. I keep checking the patient portal.

We also rode by this wonderful house I found through our realtor. It is in Old Torrance and super cute. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, PLUS a mother in law house! That part could be Ken’s business stuff and the house could be just a house!!! It has a decent yard. The back is an alley and the front is across from the bushes covering the train tracks. I am overly jazzed about this place. It isn’t open until Friday, so hopefully we will be able to see it then. I am crossing my fingers that this place works out for us.

No comments: